Kyra - Lutz to be?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Kyra - Lutz to be?

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 19, '07, 5:36 am

In a lot of fan fics, Kyra is selected to be the next Lutz after Rune. Do you think there was any chance of this actually happening? It would usually presume that Rune passes away not very long after Phantasy Star 4.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 19, '07, 7:44 pm

Now this's a first. :D I also find this little theory kinda odd, as I'd expect Rune to die of old age or something! Besides, I get the feeling that when the next Lutz is selected, they'll be pretty young. (and Kyra's like...19 in the game? so she's a bit too old for that, in my opinion)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sat Oct 20, '07, 5:43 am

I agree. Rune should live to a ripe old age! :party: Most of the fan fics that use this idea have him dying suddenly and a new Lutz being needed right away I think. That always felt like a stretch to me, picking Kyra. It's been a while since I read any of those stories.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Shinuzzo » Sat Oct 20, '07, 7:49 am

Well, we don't have any idea how long Rune's been around for to start with.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 20, '07, 9:06 am

Kyra's 18 in the game. Rune only became Lutz at 15 though (says the Compendium), so I doubt Kyra is too old yet. Rune has to be at least 20 (probably late 20s) in the game, but his training as Lutz isn't finished yet.

I generally don't agree with the idea of Kyra taking over as the next Lutz, because I think Rune would live long enough for Kyra to reach an age where she is certainly too old, like her 30s. In a case where Rune does die earlier, her taking over is not too big of a stretch for me, as she would be the most experienced after him. No other espers fought Dark Force, after all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 20, '07, 5:04 pm

Thoul wrote:Kyra's 18 in the game. Rune only became Lutz at 15 though (says the Compendium), so I doubt Kyra is too old yet. Rune has to be at least 20 (probably late 20s) in the game, but his training as Lutz isn't finished yet.

Thanks for the correction. Been awhile since I've played. :D

But wasn't the first Lutz pretty young when he started his training? :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 20, '07, 5:36 pm

Probably so; I don't think an age for the start of his training was ever given, but he was probably a child prodigy. Rune, Kyra, and other Espers would probably undergo similar training during their childhood. I imagine that once Rune inherited the memories of Lutz, his training became much more intense.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sun Oct 21, '07, 9:57 am

Shinuzzo wrote:Well, we don't have any idea how long Rune's been around for to start with.

Yeah, that is true. If he is old enough, Kyra could be part of the following generation. If each generation has a new Lutz, then she might be groomed as a successor.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 6:37 pm

Kyra would honestly make a nice Lutz. We all saw Noah in PS1, and she did a nice job as a pre-Lutz. Considering that Kyra uses Magic and that she bugs Chaz, she's an obvious choice.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 1, '07, 6:39 pm

All of the espers use magic, I think. That's what makes them espers. That alone wouldn't qualify Kyra for being Lutz.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV