Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, '14, 1:32 pm 
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/window ... 0-6417095/

Microsoft is set to unveil Windows 9 in April at their conference. Looking forward to seeing where Microsoft goes with this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, '14, 9:17 pm 
Yes, me too I'm eager to see what Microsoft is preparing :) We'll see it soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, '14, 4:48 am 
Windows 9, it'll look curiously like Windows XP. :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, '14, 12:02 pm 
Tweeg wrote:Windows 9, it'll look curiously like Windows XP. :?

Ouch ! If that is the case.. Windows XP wasn't very efficient IMHO ..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, '14, 7:51 pm 
Windows XP ran awesome, but looks kinda dated now. I have to endure using it at work.

By the way, I think I'm one of the very few people on Earth who thought Windows 8 was an all right idea, just (very) poorly executed. Win 8.1 kinda helped a little bit (though the joke is "2.8 GB update just to bring back the Start button.")

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, '14, 9:11 pm 
Windows XP running awesome ? Ah... maybe we didn't have the same versions ? ;) Honestly, Windows XP at my parent's home was very slow and had many other problems !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, '14, 9:40 pm 
Snorb wrote:Windows XP ran awesome, but looks kinda dated now. I have to endure using it at work.

By the way, I think I'm one of the very few people on Earth who thought Windows 8 was an all right idea, just (very) poorly executed. Win 8.1 kinda helped a little bit (though the joke is "2.8 GB update just to bring back the Start button.")

Windows 8 is not a bad OS, you just have to know how to make it behave like Windows 7. Once you do that it's not too bad. I have Windows 8 64 bit on three of the 4 computers I use every day, and I don't have many problems with it. However, I would not be happy if Windows 9 was like Windows 8. It's not very user friendly. I have spent a lot of time learning the ins and outs of the OS in order to get it to behave like I want it to, but most users don't know that you can do a lot of things you can do with it, and none of it is explained very well.

Last edited by S4Blade on Thu Jan 16, '14, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, '14, 11:49 pm 
Eh, I'll just go install Mieu-OS instead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, '14, 1:03 am 
VistaBlade wrote:Microsoft is set to unveil Windows 9 in April at their conference. Looking forward to seeing where Microsoft goes with this.

Hopefully in the opposite direction from Windows 8.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, '14, 12:01 pm 
I think what they really need to do is have two different versions of the OS. A mobile version for tablets and portable touch-screen devices, and a desktop version for laptops and PCs. Trying to mesh them together in Windows 8 just created lots of headaches for people.

Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next