Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Inventing A Game
PostPosted: Fri Jun 1, '07, 6:00 pm 
Have you ever thought of inventing or making up a game (video or otherwise) on your own - with your own ideas, rules, etc.?

Can you tell us anything about how "your game" would be played?

Just wondering how creative some of you swell folks might be!

:triforce:

Post subject: Re: Inventing A Game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 2, '07, 5:39 am 
Well, I tried to make a couple of card games a few years ago. One was based on Phantasy Star, the other on the Legend of Zelda. Neither got all that far along, though. I had a big group of people helping with the Phantasy Star one, but ultimately we couldn't agree on a good approach or set of rules.

I also helped out with a fan-made Phantasy Star MUSH (a sort of text-based computer game that people can play online together) for a while. It didn't get many players and was eventually shut down, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 3, '07, 12:53 am 
I think about doing it all the time and I usually work on things like this with my brother and a good friend of ours. We are actually working on a design document now for a game.

I'm hoping to one day work in a game development studio, we'll have to wait and see how that works out though :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 6, '07, 7:23 pm 
Wow, that sounds fantastic guys! You both must be very creative and talented to try and take on such a big and important task. Congratulations to you both, and anyone else who may be thinking of doing something along these lines. Let us know how it all goes for you in the future. :clap: :up:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, '07, 11:15 am 
I was thinking about creating a game based on novels of books of Russian writer Nick Perumov (maybe you heard about him, some of his books were published in USA) about the necromancer Fess and his friends. But this plans are so grandiose that I hardly belive that someday they wil be turned into PRG...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, '07, 3:17 pm 
Wow, you guys really put some effort into it, huh? Good luck with all of your games. :) I wouldn't have the creativity to do something like that myself, so I find it really impressive that you have all worked on something like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, '07, 8:58 am 
I am making a game with a GameFaqs user. It will be a RPG game made on RPGMaker XP. It's only in the beginning stages but will be done eventually. Maybe when I'm done I'll let you guys play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, '07, 7:56 pm 
I've been working on a project for years now, i am still nowhere near completion though..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, '07, 10:38 pm 
Do you have a motivation? And can you send me a demo?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:26 pm 
Trenzer wrote:I am making a game with a GameFaqs user. It will be a RPG game made on RPGMaker XP. It's only in the beginning stages but will be done eventually. Maybe when I'm done I'll let you guys play it.

RMXP? Nice. :)

I've tried it out before and I really liked it. However, I couldn't script for the life of me, so I never got anywhere with it. :lol: So I guess when it comes to making things, I'll stick with RM2k. (RPG Maker 2000)

Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next