Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cheat codes!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 8:25 am 
Alright, this is for my brother who is a die hard PSIII fan. He, using the the internet websites as a base for his findings, discovered hundreds of modifiers for the Game Genie and pro action replay that let him do just about anything.
-Change characters names
-Change stats
-Change equipment
-Give equipment not implemented in the normal game. (the , equip-able item that ends the game when used
-Change characters per generation

He had the whole system plotted into files organized into his manila folder.

Unfortunately, we have no idea where this folder went. I think its been thrown away.
So I wanted to go searching thinking that he's not the only one who discovered anything. But I'm apparently not good at searching for stuff....lol..... so I was wondering if anyone here has come across the ultimate Game Genie/PAR list for PSIII that could ever exist! MWAHAHA...ahem... anyway....

-----On a side note, apparently I've gotten used to typing Phantasy Phan, instead of Phantasy Fan. XD
.....I blame my teacher....Mr. Phan.....>.>

Post subject: Re: Cheat codes!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 3:42 pm 
I don't recall ever seeing anything quite that extensive. There are tons of sites with codes, but not many go into such detail.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 8:50 pm 
Wow, that sounds like a treasure trove of codes! Haven't seen anything like it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 10:28 pm 
I'm a big fan of PSIII myself and I havent come across any codes that will let you modify the party.. I'd love to so that way I could take Gwyn with me through all gens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 11:14 pm 
Just use Hugues Johnson's ARIDIA PS 3 editor and you can can change EVERYTHING.

You don't need game genie coes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 4, '10, 1:51 am 
Rick wrote:Just use Hugues Johnson's ARIDIA PS 3 editor and you can can change EVERYTHING.

You don't need game genie coes.
Mostly everything. There are still limitations (i.e. text strings).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 4, '10, 2:23 am 
He is talking about chahging characters, prices, weapons, parties.. that all can be done.

It's quite fun too

P.S. Someone went and hacked one of the 3rd generations to where they could go across the sea in Aquatica..

When they visit Cille.. the whole city is dead and no one is in sight.. when you exit a shop, people call you AYN Xd Go back in the shop, come out, empty..

Someone should hack RHYS into Lashute and see what they say.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 4, '10, 11:06 am 
Thanks, i'll see what he thinks of Aridia.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 4, '10, 11:16 pm 
Rick wrote:P.S. Someone went and hacked one of the 3rd generations to where they could go across the sea in Aquatica..

And that "someone" is my friend Benoit who managed to pull this off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 5, '10, 1:43 am 
SparkyIII wrote:Alright, this is for my brother who is a die hard PSIII fan. He, using the the internet websites as a base for his findings, discovered hundreds of modifiers for the Game Genie and pro action replay that let him so I was wondering if anyone here has come across the ultimate Game Genie/PAR list for PSIII that could ever exist!

Game Genie codes are essentially replacing a value in the RAM - I have a pretty comprehensive list of what you can edit in RAM here: http://ps3.huguesjohnson.com/hacking.html - I don't know how these convert to Game Genie codes but I'm sure someone has a generic way to convert address/value combinations to Game Genie.

Rick wrote:Just use Hugues Johnson's ARIDIA PS 3 editor and you can can change EVERYTHING.

Thanks! I was going to recommend the same :wink:

Rick wrote:P.S. Someone went and hacked one of the 3rd generations to where they could go across the sea in Aquatica..

I *think* I was the first to document how to do that - http://ps3.huguesjohnson.com/hacking.html#PartyLocation, location editing for PSIII has been in Haspsy (save state editor) since 2001! (wow that sounds like a long time ago now).

Tsunami wrote:Mostly everything. There are still limitations (i.e. text strings).

Aridia can edit every string in the game. It doesn't have string expansion or text pointer modifications though.

Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next