Batwoman

Converse about your favorite literature and reading in this study.

Batwoman

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 13, '09, 5:12 am

Is it just me, or is anyone else ticked off about the way they are portraying Batwoman in the comics these days .....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Batman-Lesb ... 02790.aspx

:grumpy:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 14, '09, 12:37 am

Eh, I figure it won't last. The actually introduced this character about two years ago. In all that time, they've done nothing significant with her. It's just a temporarily ploy to get media coverage and boost sales for a book they know is going to drop without the character who carried it for 70 years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 17, '09, 11:44 pm

I suppose you are right, Thoul. It just really annoys me how they try to change the history of so many characters in comic books, movies, etc. to such extreme revitalizations sometimes. I can see a character growing some but they just take it too far sometimes, I think.

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Wed Feb 18, '09, 1:10 pm

Let's see.

- Hot chick? Check!
- Lesbians? Check!
- Action? Dear lord, I hope not, LOL.

Yep, this is all to make money and reel in the drooling fanboys. Everyone knows that lesbians are what guys like! Gotta love the fanservice... :roll:

Also, I didn't know they killed off Batman! There is no replacing him, ever. >.< This annoys me...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Darkil » Wed Feb 18, '09, 6:05 pm

Yeah I thought it was some story arc they would retcon out but aparently it's to stay. There's some 3 part story about who takes up the mantle of Batman. Like you said, YOU CAN'T REPLACE HIM!!!!! Odd enough, with Bruce being killed, they're doing away with all Batman related comics [Robin, Nightwing, etc]. What is DC thinking? The last movie was a HUGE hit, why kill off the primary character?
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 18, '09, 7:42 pm

Well, as far as Batman being killed: He "died" in Final Crisis #6 I believe, but the next issue showed him alive and well in prehistoric times drawing on a cave wall. I give it a year before someone finds a message from him and goes back in time to get him.

They're just canceling all those books to make people guess about the outcome for the fight of who will be the next Batman. They've announced a lot of other series replacing them later. "Ending" a series to give it a new #1 issue is a pretty comic shady move in comics. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Wed Feb 18, '09, 7:45 pm

Good point Thoul. Plus I read a bit about what happened and He didn't "die" his consciousness has been sent time travelling through parallel worlds. Thus Batman witnesses the death of Anthro who aparently is a cave man of some import.. I suppose from all that it makes more sense that they'd bring Bruce back. My friend brought up a good point about how Superman died and they had all the different "Supermen" show up and in the end it was Clark who came back.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Re: Batwoman

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 20, '09, 5:30 am

Update:

It's here! Batwoman comic ships June 24th:

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/photos/ ... photoidx=2