KFC pays women for ads

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

KFC pays women for ads

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 22, '10, 11:57 am

KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) is paying college women $500.00 to help promote their new "Double Down" chicken sandwich:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industrie ... 2_ST_N.htm

The National Organization For Women (NOW) is not happy about this, and I have to agree with them. :down:

I can certainly see KFC's point about this being a tremendous possible promotional opportunity, but I can see how this could be viewed as a bad influence on/for women also.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: KFC pays women for ads

Postby H-Man » Wed Sep 22, '10, 12:27 pm

In Brazil, nobody would care about this. KFC actual existed here in São Paulo, but wasn't popular enough to make it.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 22, '10, 7:28 pm

Advertising like that is obviously going to upset some people who see it as degrading. Even so, there will always be a company willing to use methods like this to get the word out about their product. If nothing else, KFC has succeeded in raising awareness of their sandwich thanks to news coverage on the outcry against this campaign.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby H-Man » Wed Sep 22, '10, 8:14 pm

You're right. If groups really wanted these schemes to fail (or not do as well as they would otherwise), they'd simply ignore them.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Delectable Delicacies