what levels are your characters when you face the final boss

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

what levels are your characters when you face the final boss

Postby psivisthebestelysdeon » Mon Feb 18, '08, 6:57 pm

for psi alis lv40 miyu lv39 odin lv38 noah lv38 and in ps2 rolf lv48 kain lv44 anna lv45 and rudo lv47 and in ps4 chaz lv98 wren lv96 rune lv93 rika lv98 and demi lv97
psivisthebestelysdeon
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 9

Postby Snorb » Mon Feb 18, '08, 11:34 pm

All right... lemme go fire up the good ol' GBA...

PSI, right at Dark Falz's front door:
Alis Lv 24 [Laconia Sword, Diamond Armor, Laconia Shield]
Myau Lv 24 [Silver Fang, Thick Fur, Gloves]
Odin Lv 25 [Laconia Axe, Laconia Armor, Mirror Shield]
Noah Lv 24 [Wand, Frade Mantle, Laser Shield]

PSII, halfway through the Dungeons of Dezolis:
Rolf Lv 27 [Nei Helmet, Laconia Sword, Laconia Chestplate, Guarda Boots]
Rudo Lv 25 [Laconia Headgear, Laser Cannon, Nei Armor, Guarda Boots]
Hugh Lv 16 [Laconia Helmet, Laconia Mace, Laconia Mace, Ceramic Chestplate, Guarda Boots]
Shir Lv 17 [Wind Bandanna, Laser Knife, Laser Knife, Nei Cape, Shunera Boots]
Amy Lv 22 [Nei Crown, Fire Staff, Fire Staff, No Armor, Hirza Boots] - Not in party
Anna Lv 25 [Rainbow Bandanna, Laconia Slasher, Laconia Slasher, Laconia Cape, Knife Boots] - Not in party
Kain Lv 20 [No Helmet, Laconia Shield, Aegis Shield, Titanium Armor, Leather Boots] - Not in party

PSIII, in Mystoke about to fly to Lashute:
Sean Lv 16 [Laconia Helmet, Nei Sword, Planar Armor, Force Boots, Sapphire]
Mieu Lv 54 [Force Ribbon, Nei Claw, Planar Claw, Royal Vest, No Boots, Power Topaz]
Wren Lv 54 [Laconia Headgear, Nei Rifle, Royal Protector, No Boots, Twins' Ruby]
Laya Lv 52 [Laconia Crown, Nei Bow, Royal Fiblira, Leather Boots, Mystery Star]
Kara Lv 5 [Laconia Bandanna, Nei Slicer, Planar Slicer, Royal Robe, Force Boots, Dragon Tear]

PSIV, about to have my * handed to me- badly- by LaShiec:
Chaz Lv 26 [Swift Helmet, Laconia Sword, Silver Mail]
Rika Lv 29 [Silver Crown, Genocide Claw, Laconia Claw, Silver Mail]
Rune Lv 28 [Silver Circlet, Silver Shield, Silver Shield, Reflect Robe]
Wren Lv 26 [Elastic Headgear, Plasma Launcher, Elastic Armor]
Kyra Lv 29 [Silver Crown, Laconia Slasher, Laconia Slasher, Reflect Robe]
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: what levels are your characters when you face the final

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Feb 19, '08, 11:21 am

psivisthebestelysdeon wrote:for psi alis lv40 miyu lv39 odin lv38 noah lv38 and in ps2 rolf lv48 kain lv44 anna lv45 and rudo lv47 and in ps4 chaz lv98 wren lv96 rune lv93 rika lv98 and demi lv97

What version are you playing? Can PSI characters gain higher levels in other installments other than the original SMS game?

All my PSI characters were level 30 when I faced Dark Falz, simply because I had been wandering around the planets for ages trying to finish the game, never realizing to a full extents what the weird things in the dungeons were (pit traps) and that Myau could disarm them. I had been wandering around with level 30 and full meseta for a small eternity, maxed out on meseta as well, missing the Laconia Armour (behind a pit trap), the Hovercraft (and subsequently also the Mirror Shield and Gas Shield, I did have the Laconia Axe though) and the Laconia Sword. Alis had a Light Sabre, Diamond Armour and Laser Shield and Odin had a Laser Gun, Diamond Armour and Laconia Shield. Once I found the Hovercraft Odin received the Mirror Shield and Laconia Armour and the Laconia Shield went to Alis. Once I figured out the pit traps it was a piece of cake to find the bosses, defeating them was a different matter. I died the first times both against Lassic and Dark Falz. In a second run, I defeated Dark Falz with Alis being on level 24 and the rest on level 23.

I can't remember the exact levels in PSII, I used Rolf, Rudo, Anna and Kain. I think Rolf and Rudo were level 32, Anna and Kain near level 30.

I have never completed PSIII actually, I have a savegame where I'm ready to enter Lashute for the final time, I think I even defeated Rulakir already. I just need to go through it again and trash Dark Force. Unfortunately that's on the other emulator which refuses to play with sound so I haven't touched that savegame in years.

The average of my PSIV characters was level 48 when I first finished it, taking with me Kyra.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Re: what levels are your characters when you face the final

Postby psivisthebestelysdeon » Tue Feb 19, '08, 5:41 pm

Fogeltje wrote:
psivisthebestelysdeon wrote:for psi alis lv40 miyu lv39 odin lv38 noah lv38 and in ps2 rolf lv48 kain lv44 anna lv45 and rudo lv47 and in ps4 chaz lv98 wren lv96 rune lv93 rika lv98 and demi lv97

What version are you playing? Can PSI characters gain higher levels in other installments other than the original SMS game?

All my PSI characters were level 30 when I faced Dark Falz, simply because I had been wandering around the planets for ages trying to finish the game, never realizing to a full extents what the weird things in the dungeons were (pit traps) and that Myau could disarm them. I had been wandering around with level 30 and full meseta for a small eternity, maxed out on meseta as well, missing the Laconia Armour (behind a pit trap), the Hovercraft (and subsequently also the Mirror Shield and Gas Shield, I did have the Laconia Axe though) and the Laconia Sword. Alis had a Light Sabre, Diamond Armour and Laser Shield and Odin had a Laser Gun, Diamond Armour and Laconia Shield. Once I found the Hovercraft Odin received the Mirror Shield and Laconia Armour and the Laconia Shield went to Alis. Once I figured out the pit traps it was a piece of cake to find the bosses, defeating them was a different matter. I died the first times both against Lassic and Dark Falz. In a second run, I defeated Dark Falz with Alis being on level 24 and the rest on level 23.

I can't remember the exact levels in PSII, I used Rolf, Rudo, Anna and Kain. I think Rolf and Rudo were level 32, Anna and Kain near level 30.

I have never completed PSIII actually, I have a savegame where I'm ready to enter Lashute for the final time, I think I even defeated Rulakir already. I just need to go through it again and trash Dark Force. Unfortunately that's on the other emulator which refuses to play with sound so I haven't touched that savegame in years.

The average of my PSIV characters was level 48 when I first finished it, taking with me Kyra.
for phantasy star one it was the remake for ps2
psivisthebestelysdeon
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Feb 21, '08, 5:40 am

I wouldn't remember. Since 4 is the last one I played I think my characters were around 40-50.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 23, '08, 12:41 am

Hm, I thought I replied to this. Ah well. For PSI, I got everyone to the high twenties. PSII I'm not really sure about - probably the high twenties again, except for the characters I didn't use as much.

In PSIII I think I usually get the hero to around level 16 to 20. I completely lose track of everyone else's levels. I really didn't like the awkwardness of each generation's level 1 being equal to level 20 or whatever of the previous.

In PSIV, I typically get into the 30s or 40s. I usually only spend time purposely leveling just before Lashiec and at the beginning of the game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Feb 23, '08, 3:42 am

My older brother loved to level his characters up in PS3, just to try and surpass Sari's power, he got the Crys team up past 50 each XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Snorb » Sat Feb 23, '08, 4:51 am

Old Man Rhys (to Crys): You know all there is about random encounters, so there's no need to go down that same old road again. In order to beat Sari, you need a high Speed stat. You don't have it. And the Run command usually fails, so hard running is out. And we can't attack with our fists because this is a Phantasy Star game, so sparring is out!

Old Man Lyle's Ghost: I had that problem once...

Old Man Rhys: So what we'll be relying on is good old-fashioned powerlevelling. XP farming. Heavy-duty, cast-Planar, piledriving sword slashes that'll have to hurt so hard, it'll rattle Lena. Every time you hit her with your sword, it has to feel like she tried kissing a razor blade! *cracks neck* Yeah! Let's start whacking some Dreidons!

Crys (wearing athletic sweats): *clench fist*

(insert Vince DiCola's "Rocky IV Training Montage" song here)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby newsblade » Tue Mar 11, '08, 10:41 pm

Just remember IV since I finish it again this week:

- Wren Lv 48 (Palma Ring, Photon Eraser, Guard Armor)
- Chaz Lv 52 (Algol Ring, Elsydeon, Guard Mail)
- Rika Lv 56 (Motavia Ring, Silver Tusk, Genocide Claw, Guard Mail)
- Rune Lv 47 (Dezolis Ring, Psycho-wand, Frade Mantle)
- [no one]

Well, Tonoe and Nurvus were the places I spent more time gaining money/experience.
I think the first time I finish IV levels were above 60.

A side note to the rings:
The Algol ring was taken by a palman and the palman ring by an android, but the motavian (Gryz) or the dezolian (Raja) can only take a Ryucross ring, because the dezolian ring was taken by an esper (a palman with special powers) and the motavian ring by a numan.
In short, according to what the owners are, we conclude all rings are all messed up. But, if we take in consideration the place where the owners came from, each owner was good choice. Having this in mind we must conclude that once again Ryucross was effective and, somehow, GL knew the final protectors would come from those places (and, by consequence, already knew that were them).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Mar 12, '08, 4:36 am

Which reminds me, has anyone ever gained a level from one of those useless 1 exp 1 mes fights? That would make me laugh.

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Classic Series