Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, '07, 5:03 pm 
There are towns called Zema in both PSII and PSIV, but do you believe it is really the same town in both games? PSIV Zema has no trace of PSII's trademark large buildings or technology, aside from the hidden bio-plant. If they are the same place, what do you think resulted in such a radical change in the town's layout?


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, '07, 5:51 pm 
Well, you could say the same about Paseo and Piata. There probably wasn't much left after the downfall of society post- Phantasy Star 2.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, '07, 8:00 pm 
Also, the towns' locations shifted too, along with the shape of the land itself. ;) Nothing's the same in PSIV, so I just accept that it's the same place as in PSII.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, '07, 2:01 am 
I want to know why there's a tunnel under Zema to Biosystems Lab and a supercomputer that didn't exist in PSII down there. (Unless Seed is the computer Rolf gets the Recorder from.) They didn't have much time to create such a computer between the end of the game and The Great Collapse, did they? I'd think the people of Motavia would be pretty terrified of creating another supercomputer with the Mother Brain incident so recent.

Shinuzzo wrote:Well, you could say the same about Paseo and Piata.
I read once, (maybe here, even, memory is foggy on this one,) that Paseo is a large crater on the PSIV map. Is this true?

Quote:There probably wasn't much left after the downfall of society post- Phantasy Star 2.
Most definitely. If part of Palma hit Motavia, I'd imagine all sorts of things changed. Maybe the residents of Piata all left and formed a new town under the same name. :P


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, '07, 10:35 am 
Shinuzzo wrote:Well, you could say the same about Paseo and Piata. There probably wasn't much left after the downfall of society post- Phantasy Star 2.


Paseo isn't a town in PSIV. Aiedo seems to be the capital now. Uzo does still exist. In PSI it was a town in the large desert, in PSII it was an uninhabited island with a maze of caves and in PSIV it is still an island but inhabited again. I wonder why they moved back to Uzo.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, '07, 12:53 am 
The Komrade wrote: I want to know why there's a tunnel under Zema to Biosystems Lab and a supercomputer that didn't exist in PSII down there. (Unless Seed is the computer Rolf gets the Recorder from.) They didn't have much time to create such a computer between the end of the game and The Great Collapse, did they? I'd think the people of Motavia would be pretty terrified of creating another supercomputer with the Mother Brain incident so recent.

They didn't learn anything from the problems with Mother Brain. :( After she was gone, they built Daughter and would have had a second MB if they hadn't determined the damage on the environment was too great for her to correct. From what Wren said about that in PSIV, the computer on Zelan might have been built after the game as well.

I don't think Seed was necessarily built after MB's fall, but it's possible since they did build Daughter at least. But, there are a lot of similar places in PSIV that weren't shown in PSII. There's the plate system facility, the machine center that had the landrover, Nurvus, and even a couple of buildings on Dezoris. Some of that had to have been built as part of Mother Brain's systems.

Quote:I read once, (maybe here, even, memory is foggy on this one,) that Paseo is a large crater on the PSIV map. Is this true?

It's hard to say exactly where it is. There doesn't seem to be any trace specifically, but I think that area is covered by the ocean.

Fogeltje wrote:I wonder why they moved back to Uzo.


That's a good question. Wasn't the island in PSII the place where Rolf got the leaf that used to make that special gum?


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, '07, 1:31 am 
Thoul wrote:They didn't learn anything from the problems with Mother Brain. :( After she was gone, they built Daughter and would have had a second MB if they hadn't determined the damage on the environment was too great for her to correct. From what Wren said about that in PSIV, the computer on Zelan might have been built after the game as well.
That's pretty awful...

I've wondered about Zelan too, since there were bound to be other artificial satellites like Gaila/Gaira in PSII.

Quote:I don't think Seed was necessarily built after MB's fall, but it's possible since they did build Daughter at least. But, there are a lot of similar places in PSIV that weren't shown in PSII. There's the plate system facility, the machine center that had the landrover, Nurvus, and even a couple of buildings on Dezoris. Some of that had to have been built as part of Mother Brain's systems.
That all sounds sensible. I found the PSIV Dezoris complexes a bit strange at first. PSII gave me the feeling that Dezoris was free from MB's influence. It'd make sense that a network to destroy all of Algo would need to be on Dezoris too, even if it wasn't shown in PSII.

Fogeltje wrote:I wonder why they moved back to Uzo.


Thoul wrote:That's a good question. Wasn't the island in PSII the place where Rolf got the leaf that used to make that special gum?
I agree, that is a good question. And yeah, it's the place with the trees and confusing cave that seem to warp randomly. It's like Ikuto-lite.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 12:08 am 

ImageImage

In PS4 Motavia’s Pangaea is a little different from PSII because of the great collapse. Even though, if we flip Motavia 90º to the right the remaining cities in PS4 will have the same location: Piata will be at south of Zema and at north of Uzo island. Besides that, Zema will also have a Bio Dome at north, like in PSII. The question is “is that the same biodome?” I think it is.


Image
Some explosions, earthquakes, etc. may have blocked other ways to reach Zema’s biodome so we can only explore some part of it.


Image

This seems to be the main computer of the biodome (in PS4 computers have a much better design). We may be able to perform tasks, like Rolf did by retrieving a Recorder, like Demi would do at Nurvus console to shut it down and so on… in PS4 Rika introduces us to that computer which is called ‘Seed’ and it answers us some questions. Like happened in PS2, PS4 computer “relates” to us (this time in voice format, since giving us a recorder-format wouldn’t do any good) that he is releasing monsters from that lab. This problem was solved in PS2, but 1000 years after that, once again, DF uses the same strategy and causes anomalies in Bio Systems of Motavia in order to spread new kinds of threats for citizens.


Image

Some details are just similar, like the biomonsters breeding… after all it’s a biodome! Why would they construct another one so near to this? I believe this biodome got “hidden” underground after the great collapse.
Quote:I don't think Seed was necessarily built after MB's fall, but it's possible since they did build Daughter at least

I think they build this before the great collapse since it is under those large mountains (it was possible to end visible like daughter, but the “underground” factor points to this idea.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 2:43 am 
Nice comparison with the world maps. I didn't realize they were so similar. There's even a town right next to the lake in PSII, matching Krup in PSIV. It really illustrates how much the rest of the world had changed since those days, as well.


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 2:46 am 
Most likely with all the earthquakes and stuff the large section Paseo and Zema were in most likely sunk leaving everything they had now below the surface. Possibly when erosion happened the bio plant was swallowed up by the large mountain being formed and then with all the dams and rivers and pretty much the whole landmass changing they built new Zema near that mountain, not remembering there was a bio-plant there they dug into the cliff and most likely used birth valley as a sacred place for either women who were giving birth to have their children have happiness or either the bad thing with sacrifices..


Top
 Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: