Zelda Monopoly

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Zelda Monopoly

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 11, '14, 6:37 am

All you Zelda fans who also love to play the game Monopoly will be excited to hear that a Zelda version of the game will soon be available, along with a Pokémon version as well:

http://www.zombiegameronline.com/gaming ... ly-summer/

Monopoly has so many different versions of the game, but this one should be extra exciting to play.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Zelda Monopoly

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 12, '14, 9:31 pm

Excellent ! Great news ! Even the Pokemon one could be great :)
And I liked the article hen the writer said : "My family has avoided playing Monopoly since the very day my step-father literally flipped the table because he landed on my moms hotel occupied Boardwalk property 0h-so-many years ago." :lol:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Apr 12, '14, 11:25 pm

Awesome, both versions sound really fun. Like myau said, I can relate to the Monopoly woes, good God, that game seems to ignite some serious fury and destruction. I remember a legend growing up that relates that a certain person in my house literally tossed the Monopoly board out the window, ha ha.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 13, '14, 11:19 am

Bragatyr wrote:Awesome, both versions sound really fun. Like myau said, I can relate to the Monopoly woes, good God, that game seems to ignite some serious fury and destruction. I remember a legend growing up that relates that a certain person in my house literally tossed the Monopoly board out the window, ha ha.

BRAGATYR : This story is much more funnier thant the one related in the article ! :lol:
By the window ?? Impressive ! But then there is a question that is coming to my mind : did a Monopoly box (or maybe not the box but the "playing ground") can fly really ? ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 16, '14, 8:39 am

I looked around a little bit and found the manufacturer's page for Zelda Monopoly. Pokemon is around there somewhere, too. They've even got a Doctor Who Monopoly.

http://usaopoly.com/games/monopoly-legend-zelda

It's been ages since I played Monopoly (it's been nearly impossible to to get anyone to play, even before the internet came along), but I kind of want the Zelda one anyway. It would go nicely alongside the Nintendo set I've already got. I suppose I'll wait and see what it actually looks like, though. If the tokens are poorly done, that would be bad.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 4, '14, 8:50 am

Found some more info related to the upcoming new Legend Of Zelda Monopoly game which may be available sometime in September of this year:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-le ... 0-6421464/
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Aug 5, '14, 12:29 pm

I think the problem with Monopoly is that the game is designed in a way that more often than not, it doesn't take too long for one or two players to totally dominate, leaving any other players basically bored for a foregone outcome with little chance of a come-from-behind win. And there's a LOT of luck involved. And a game can last for a couple of hours.

Quite honestly, never quite got the appeal of that game.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to In the News