Zelan and Kuran

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Zelan and Kuran

Postby Thoul » Thu Feb 7, '08, 12:47 am

Not too long ago I was playing through the Zelan and Kuran parts of PSIV. Zelan is a pretty simple place, with only two parts. There's the entrance where the ship docks and the control room. That's all. Kuran on the other hand is much bigger, with several floors. It also has a stealth system that prevents you from going there until you have an item from Zelan.

So, what's up with that? Zelan is supposed to be the center of the environmental systems, right? Why is Kuran so much larger and better defended? It's almost like the place was designed just so the system could be taken over.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Feb 7, '08, 10:50 pm

lol, Well I suppose that they know your team with demi isn't a threat, so the bio-monsters there won't attack you. And you don't need to go messing with stuff, so theres no where to go, while Kuran, made by dark force, would know your trying to stop it, and would put as many obstacles in your way as it could.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 8, '08, 9:11 am

But Demi isn't with the team then and Kuran wasn't made by Dark Force. DF just took the place over; it would have been made long before. I don't think he would have had time to rebuild the whole place to that degree.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Snorb » Fri Feb 8, '08, 3:31 pm

Dark Force I: (wearing a hard hat taken from one of those enemies from Mega Man) Hrrm... let's see. Build this part of Kuran out... throw in some Satellite Minions and a couple Cathode Ray Tubes for them to fight... add an elevator or three... Maybe I should make it worth their while to come this way. Drop some Zirconia Armor and a couple thousand Meseta...

(the Landale docks at Kuran. Chaz steps out, swinging his Plasma Sword)

Chaz: Dark Force! We're here to kick your *!

Dark Force I: (sweatdrops) Actually, I'm not ready for you yet. Could you go gain a couple levels on Dezolis?

(Chaz uses the CONSULT feature, talking indistinctly with Rune, Rika, Wren, and Raja. After about a minute...)

Chaz: Duh, okay, sure. (they leave)

Dark Force I: Thanks. Idiot. Now where was I... oh, yes. That robot probably wants a High Frequency Jammer, so I'll plop a treasure box with that right... here...
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Celeith » Fri Feb 8, '08, 9:29 pm

Wren bought Kuran on ebay but since Demi was off doing her thing on Motavia he couldn't keep the place in perfect condition and then eventually left it alone and Dark Force moved in to make it his new summer getaway.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Sun Feb 10, '08, 12:38 am

You know, that is weird. :? Perhaps with Wren at Zelan, they felt that he could manually handle the security as needed from the control room. It doesn't make much sense that Kuran, while it is the support Zelan, would have more security, as you mentioned.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sun Feb 10, '08, 12:46 am

Android love getaway cmon people its so obvious.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby newsblade » Sun Feb 10, '08, 9:06 pm

Just a matter of elevator's programming.
In Zelan the lift goes directly to the central room (for example - 3rd floor). In Kuran the lift goes down (ex: -2nd floor), like the escape (2nd) way to/from the bridge.

The first case happened because Demi may have warned Wren from Nurvus that her friends would come to meet him, but in Kuran was CyberForce who was taking control, so he may have locked the access to the bridge (from the dock) or simple didn't allow that simple access like Wren.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 11, '08, 8:38 pm

:rofl: @ Snorb's scenario!

Tsunami wrote:It doesn't make much sense that Kuran, while it is the support Zelan, would have more security, as you mentioned.

Not only that, but there's more areas to walk through between the beginning and the control room. Zelan is only two straightforward, simple levels, but Kuran is literally a maze with three or four floors.

newsblade wrote:Just a matter of elevator's programming.
In Zelan the lift goes directly to the central room (for example - 3rd floor). In Kuran the lift goes down (ex: -2nd floor), like the escape (2nd) way to/from the bridge.

Hm, I see. That's a good idea. So do you think Kuran's elevators could go straight to the control room, but there's some kind of block that prevents them and forces us to walk through the place?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newsblade » Mon Feb 11, '08, 10:12 pm

So do you think Kuran's elevators could go straight to the control room, but there's some kind of block that prevents them and forces us to walk through the place?

Yes, that's it! I think we only explored 5% of Zelan. On example of that is showed in this image of Zelan -> we have two floors but we never manage to go the floor on the bottom.

When we use the ships to go to Zelan and Kuran we see both satellites have the same size and shape. They also have a similar architecture from inside. If we look at the control room, for example, we will see the main differences are in their colors.
ImageImage

So... elevators like this (this is the main elevator from Zelan) may not go up and down between two floors only.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV