Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, '08, 2:34 pm 
Ys I&II for the TurboGrafx-16 CD is finally available on the virtual console :) To this day it has my favorite soundtrack of any game. The play control might feel a bit dated now, but it's still totally worth the $8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, '08, 3:14 pm 
I loved Y's, the adventures Adol and Dogi had were just terrific. I've played every single one of them but I only own Y's 3 and the PS2 Y's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, '08, 9:44 pm 
I just downloaded that yesterday, though I haven't played it yet. I always wanted to try the Ys series back in the day, but didn't have the systems it was on. Except that one on the SNES, that was pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, '08, 1:50 am 
The SNES one is Ys III which is "the Zelda 2 of the series". It's a good game overall (with an awesome soundtrack) but I've always preferred the original. I hope they release that for Virtual Console as well, if they do I wonder if they'd also offer the TG16 CD version or the Genesis/SNES version that would be a much smaller download.

Kaloes wrote:I loved Y's, the adventures Adol and Dogi had were just terrific. I've played every single one of them but I only own Y's 3 and the PS2 Y's

I have the original Master System game, the TG16 CD versions of I&II and III, the Genesis version of III, and the PS2 version of Ys VI. I have a copy of the translated Ys IV which I wish I could buy a legit copy of, I can dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, '08, 12:30 pm 
I tried out the VC version last night. That was very different, especially as far as battles go. Just walking into the enemies... not at all what I expected. The cutscenes were very impressive, though. Especially considering the era when this was made. It really makes me wish Sega hadn't ditched the CD version of PSIV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 1, '08, 4:22 pm 
You guys make me want to try this game now! I've heard of the series a while ago, but I didn't know that any of them were released here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 3, '08, 6:38 pm 
I know its been out for awhile but have you seen that Y's III remake they did for the PC? I believe its called Ys: The Oath in Felghana.. Whenever I get home I'm gonna see if I can find a download for the game as well as the english translation patch.. Y's III was just one of my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 4, '08, 3:01 am 
Huh, I didn't even know they remade it. Pity it wasn't released in the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 5, '08, 2:05 am 
Yeah, that was only released in Japan - http://www.falcom.com/ysf/index.html, from what I can tell it plays like Ys VI but is the story from Ys III.

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]