Your preferred format?

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Your preferred format?

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 1, '07, 12:40 pm

When you listen to music, what's your preferred format or source for it? Would you rather listen to a CD, cassette tape, radio, vinyl record, or digital music?

For me it's digital. I like other formats, but they're too limited or too much of a pain to work with. I converted a lot of my tapes and CDs to digital so I could have a mixed, long playlist.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:41 pm

Good question. I actually prefer vinyl records as the sound is much better, I think, and I can listen to the specific song I want to hear and play it over and over again if I choose. I guess the radio would be my next choice.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:43 pm

I'd rather listen to a CD or the radio. Records are scratchy and noisy. Tapes get eaten way too easily.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 2, '07, 7:27 pm

Neithird wrote:Tapes get eaten way too easily.

Ah, yes. I've had that happen to me many a time. It's one reason I converted my tapes to digital. I was afraid to play them because my player usually ate one. I had to borrow a player from someone else for the conversion.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 28, '07, 9:43 pm

Neithird, the queen of observations wrote:Tapes get eaten way too easily.

True. I can't remember how many times I held my casette recorder up to my TV speakers, trying my hardest to make a mix tape of Thray, Fal, Age of fables, and various other compositions, only to find my tape completely mauled by the infernal casette player.

For the longest of time I perfered audio tape over everything else. Then I eventualy progressed to CDs just as Ipod made its way into the marketplace. I guess I swing somewhere between MP3s and CDs. =s
Last edited by Heikabuchi on Thu Nov 29, '07, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 29, '07, 2:31 am

Heik. You were quoting Nei, there. ;) So that would make Nei the so-called "queen of observations".

But no, you wouldn't say that about her, now would you?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 29, '07, 3:18 am

Nuh! Sorry, I was a bit off. >_>
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby LordShibas » Thu Nov 29, '07, 3:58 pm

I'm pretty much strictly MP3s. The only time I really listen to music is in my car, and I can play MP3 cds, so I'll make a cd of MP3s and cruise for a few days with it. About 150-180 songs per disc.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Yoshi » Thu Nov 29, '07, 6:09 pm

CD. Most but not all of the other choices are really out of date, if ya know what I mean.
Yoshi
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 102

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 29, '07, 6:55 pm

lol, Imma try give negatives about every one of these, Tapes get torn up fast and easy, only functional for short periods of time, CD's are more expensive, but can only last a bit longer the tapes, records are out of date and impossible to find excellent quality machines anymore, but have a good durability, Radio is not very reliable, you have zones where it doesn't reach and radio stations you fear once in a blue moon might go out of service, and you lose all the music you listen to, Digital is most expensive but easy to find, it also varies so much its hard to tell if your getting a good sound or fuzz. :sigh:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes