Your name on coke bottles

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Your name on coke bottles

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jun 3, '13, 6:29 pm

Coke has a surprising new promotional idea with having personalized coke bottles. This sounds neat and very trendy but I wonder how many people will be able to find their own names on some of these bottles, and how many people won't find their names??

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revi ... zed-labels

This would make a great souvenir item if nothing else. If I found any with my name on it, I probably would not drink the coke and save the bottle forever, lol.

If anyone finds any with your name on it, let us know!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Your name on coke bottles

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 8, '14, 12:37 am

Took me awhile to find this thread but I thought I had started one on this subject awhile back and looks like it has been almost a year...whoa!!! Anyway the reason for this thread being bumped up is that while we were shopping in town the other day we happened to see a bunch of these "personalized" cokes almost everywhere. Names were on bottles of coke and when we bought a six pack of coke names were on there too. So I guess this idea is just now getting around to the stores, etc. We only found one or two family member names and that is all but still haven't given up hope that we may run across more. I didn't find my name. Names that I can remember were Amanda, Amy, Andrew, Buddy, Friend, Family, and I saw a lot more but that's all I can remember.

Has anyone else seen these new personalized cokes and if so, did you find your name?

I think I also saw a place where you could write them about your name if you don't find it anywhere. I may have to look into that, lol.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 8, '14, 2:48 am

Got a couple of 16oz (I think?) bottles with my first name on them this past week. It's not that rare a name of course, so that's not too surprising...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 27, '14, 7:00 pm

Read a business report somewhere online yesterday that says Cokes sales were up a good bit mainly due to the names on the bottle idea. People are even paying to buy these bottles with their names on ebay. So, I guess it was a good thing for them after all. I have never found a bottle with my name on it yet and to be honest I've quit looking. But, if this idea was very profitable for them, I wonder what they will come up with next??

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Sep 28, '14, 4:42 am

So it seems that I can't find my common name of Christopher anywhere. But I found some friends names which I bought for them. It's a good novelty idea, however I'm sure it will die off sometime.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Sun Sep 28, '14, 7:24 pm

I've never found my name on a coke bottle BUT my name isn't very "fluent" and I don't drink a lot of Coke ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Delectable Delicacies