Your Least Favorite Game

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Your Least Favorite Game

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:59 pm

Thoul wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES
I'll never understand why there's so many Final Fantasy fanboys. Series is overrated, and this game here is a great example of why Final Fantasy shouldn't have those...I think calling this a side game is appropriate. Anyways, I just didn't have fun with it while some other people did. :mrgreen:

I actually like that one more than most of the other Final Fantasy games. :D It's really pretty simple and not an excellent game by any means, but I always thought of it as a fun distraction.

I know that there's people that have enjoyed it, but I'm just not a fan. :D Couldn't get into it, and some things about it bothered me at the time when I tried playing it.

Thoul wrote:As for being a side game... I'd agree, but then the whole series is really just a group of side games, in my view.

Yeah, I never liked how they bunched them all up. Sure, there's the crystal references you see in the earlier games in the series, but from what I know there's nothing like that later on. (I've only played up to FF8, anything beyond that I know very little)

For the most part, they all seem to be quite different as the series grows. I don't know about you, but I've always thought that they should've been given different titles. There's no consistancy throughout the series (aside from references, like Cid and the airships) and it seems to me that anything with a Final Fantasy label smacked onto it is bound to have raving fanboys who're eager to purchase it.

Hope I don't offend any FF fans if there are any here. But Final Fantasy has some of the worst storylines. (save FF6, that had a better one in my opinion) Heck, I'd place FF7 in my worst game list if it weren't for the chocobo racing! :mrgreen: Its storyline was okay in the beginning, but went downhill after the first disc.

FF8? Bad game too. How could I forget this on my worst game list? xD Terrible battle system, hated the drawing system... I disliked how they handled equipment, too! I went throughout the game with the same stuff I started with, for the most part. I didn't even bother with that card game... The storyline? It's okay if you like having a relationship shoved down your throat along with "twists" that ended up hurting the story more than helping.

Let's see...
Cid started the SEED thing to stop Edea, who's the sorcereress, who's also his own wife! (been awhile, I forget details)
All the characters are from the same orphanage. Talk about a terrible twist in the plot towards the end.

I think the only highlight of this game were the movies/cutscenes. (whatever you wish to call them) They were beautifully done. :)

A comment about the ending. I'll make it a spoiler just to be safe. :mrgreen:
The ending was weird for me, though...I was wondering if Squall was on drugs or something. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Jul 19, '07, 4:52 pm

Neithird wrote:Superman Returns - This had lots of potential. Superman in a giant free roaming city with all his major powers. The problem was they didn't add anything to do with him. It's just fly around and look for cats. Booorrring.
If we take Superman 64 into consideration... it's not that much of a surprise that the game flopped..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jul 20, '07, 2:54 am

Tsunami wrote:Hope I don't offend any FF fans if there are any here. But Final Fantasy has some of the worst storylines. (save FF6, that had a better one in my opinion)
Absolutely agreed!! I simply can't believe the amount of fans that series has. I swear Square thinks that CGs cover up downright insane/incomprehensible story lines. FF6 did have a decent one though. It was by far my favorite in the FF series.

Just compare hacking: there are HUNDREDS of hacks of the Final Fantasy series... yet mine for PSIV are THE FIRST! I wouldn't take any of the Final Fantasy titles over any of the PS series, except maybe III, and only because it was so rushed to production.

Tsunami wrote:FF8? Bad game too. How could I forget this on my worst game list? xD Terrible battle system, hated the drawing system... I disliked how they handled equipment, too! I went throughout the game with the same stuff I started with, for the most part. I didn't even bother with that card game... The storyline? It's okay if you like having a relationship shoved down your throat along with "twists" that ended up hurting the story more than helping.

Let's see...
Cid started the SEED thing to stop Edea, who's the sorcereress, who's also his own wife! (been awhile, I forget details)
All the characters are from the same orphanage. Talk about a terrible twist in the plot towards the end.

I think the only highlight of this game were the movies/cutscenes. (whatever you wish to call them) They were beautifully done. :)

A comment about the ending. I'll make it a spoiler just to be safe. :mrgreen:
The ending was weird for me, though...I was wondering if Squall was on drugs or something. :D
Once again, I couldn't agree more. FF8 is pure garbage! I had forgotten all about it. :fiery: It's really a shame, because I loved the concept of being a full-time soldier and your conduct and performance leading to promotions, but it disappeared after the first couple of hours. To be tantalized by an interesting system and then to dump it and concentrate upon a story conceived by a lunatic is unforgivable. I never heard of anyone that could halfway explain what happened in that game!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 20, '07, 3:30 am

The Komrade wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Hope I don't offend any FF fans if there are any here. But Final Fantasy has some of the worst storylines. (save FF6, that had a better one in my opinion)
Absolutely agreed!! I simply can't believe the amount of fans that series has. I swear Square thinks that CGs cover up downright insane/incomprehensible story lines. FF6 did have a decent one though. It was by far my favorite in the FF series.

I totally agree. ^_^ It's the only game that I'll consider good in the FF series.

The Komrade wrote:Just compare hacking: there are HUNDREDS of hacks of the Final Fantasy series... yet mine for PSIV are THE FIRST! I wouldn't take any of the Final Fantasy titles over any of the PS series, except maybe III, and only because it was so rushed to production.

Yeah... I've noticed that when looking around before, too. Saw nothing when it came to PS and that's a real shame. :(

The Komrade wrote:Once again, I couldn't agree more. FF8 is pure garbage! I had forgotten all about it. :fiery: It's really a shame, because I loved the concept of being a full-time soldier and your conduct and performance leading to promotions, but it disappeared after the first couple of hours. To be tantalized by an interesting system and then to dump it and concentrate upon a story conceived by a lunatic is unforgivable. I never heard of anyone that could halfway explain what happened in that game!

Oh, I know someone who obsesses over the game and even notices the smallest details... :bang: He goes on and on about it, while I'd rather talk about my obsessions.

*cough*PSIII*cough*

I'm a nut, I know. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Previous

Return to General Gaming