Your Least Favorite Game

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Your Least Favorite Game

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 16, '07, 8:21 pm

We have some topics about our favorite games, so let's take a look at the flip side. What's your least favorite game, that one you played once and couldn't stand so much that you never touched it again?

For me, it's Brother in Arms: Road to Hill 30. It's a WWII first person shooter (a genre I don't like much anyway) that was very poorly executed. I couldn't see what I was doing at all in that one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Your Least Favorite Game

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Jul 16, '07, 8:27 pm

o.0 My... um... Spiderman 3.. for the PS2.

First off, so much potential.. Spiderman 2 was AMAZING.. .. this.. urgh.. they changed their perfect formula! GGAGAAGA.. It still aggravates me.. so much.. waste of £30..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Snorb » Mon Jul 16, '07, 11:03 pm

Oh, Gods, where do I begin?

Doctor Who: Dalek Attack (PC)- In theory, the premise is awesome: The (Seventh, Fourth, Second) Doctor fights the Daleks in six levels of sidescroller goodness. In practice, the premise is not as awesome: Getting shot at from all sides as soon as you start the London level is not too fun. Neither is typing in the invincibility cheat code ("James Bond and Oliver Reed were never good singers"). At least the audio/visual presentation was good.

Auto Duel (PC)- Lord British at his most dubious. I'm sure Car Wars is a great pen and paper game, but every time I play this, I get oneshotted in combat. Dammit. >_<

Final Fantasy III (NES)- At least the DS version is playable.

Mad Max (NES)- I'd rather split my kneecap open with a camping axe than cheat and find out how this mess ends.

Chakan: The Forever Man (GEN)- Playing this game probably violates my Eighth Amendment rights.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 17, '07, 8:38 am

I can't remember what the game was called but I could absolutly not stand it... even if I heard the intro music the rest of my day would be a bad day.... Wish I remembered what it was called so I could tell you guys... and girls...
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 17, '07, 9:54 pm

Mmmm, I can't even remember the name of any either at the moment, but I know there were quite a few. :wink:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 17, '07, 11:37 pm

There's many terrible games out there. However, when it comes to games, I've mostly played older ones, so I can't list anything recent. :p

In no particular order, I'll randomly list games that I'll never touch again.

Rocky and Bullwinkle for the NES
Sure, it's based off the cartoon and all, but the gameplay was frustrating and seeing bombs and explosives everywhere after awhile starts to get kind of old. (unless you happen to like that sort of thing)

Barbie for the NES
Don't ask, I had the ROM and I was curious...oh, the atrocities! D: If you ever play this game, play frisbee with the cart!

Kirby's Dream Course for the SNES
Sure, I love Kirby to pieces, but mixing Kirby and golf, eh... I strongly dislike this game. (heck, I got the game for free from my brother, he didn't like it either) I just don't care much for sports games.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES
I'll never understand why there's so many Final Fantasy fanboys. Series is overrated, and this game here is a great example of why Final Fantasy shouldn't have those...I think calling this a side game is appropriate. Anyways, I just didn't have fun with it while some other people did. :mrgreen:

Breath of Fire II for the SNES
Games with strong religion in the storyline are a huge turn off for me. A great example of why simple games with hardly any storyline at all are better.

Castlevania II for the NES
Where do I start? The whole being cursed and the random day/night system going was an annoyance more than anything. I loved Castlevania, (the first one) so this was a huge disappointment for me. To be blunt, this game just sucked.

I could keep going on and on with these, so I'll stop here and perhaps post more if anything comes to mind. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 18, '07, 1:00 am

I can't remember any right now either. It's Interesting and proper that so many of us have forgotten the things we don't like! :D
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 18, '07, 6:23 am

Tsunami wrote:Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES
I'll never understand why there's so many Final Fantasy fanboys. Series is overrated, and this game here is a great example of why Final Fantasy shouldn't have those...I think calling this a side game is appropriate. Anyways, I just didn't have fun with it while some other people did. :mrgreen:

I actually like that one more than most of the other Final Fantasy games. :D It's really pretty simple and not an excellent game by any means, but I always thought of it as a fun distraction.

As for being a side game... I'd agree, but then the whole series is really just a group of side games, in my view.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 18, '07, 11:19 am

Thoul wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES

I actually like that one more than most of the other Final Fantasy games. :D It's really pretty simple and not an excellent game by any means, but I always thought of it as a fun distraction.

As for being a side game... I'd agree, but then the whole series is really just a group of side games, in my view.
I thoroughly enjoyed this game! It was a refreshing change to the old FF formula.

And they're not all side games, X and X-2 are the only .. actual series in FF so far.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:15 am

Divine Dragon wrote:o.0 My... um... Spiderman 3.. for the PS2.

First off, so much potential.. Spiderman 2 was AMAZING.. .. this.. urgh.. they changed their perfect formula! GGAGAAGA.. It still aggravates me.. so much.. waste of £30..

I have to totally agree with that. Well, I thought Spider-Man 2 was a little lacking too, but it was leaps and bounds above Spider-Man 3. I hear the next-gen versions are much better, but I doubt I'll ever play them.

Some others:
Superman Returns - This had lots of potential. Superman in a giant free roaming city with all his major powers. The problem was they didn't add anything to do with him. It's just fly around and look for cats. Booorrring.

Kartia - The quality of the translation in this game could kill someone. Have you heard of "Engrish", the stereotypical bad spelling of words in translations? Well, imagine that magnified a hundred times. I'm not sure what the story is supposed to be because I can't make any sense of it.

Chrono Trigger - I love the SNES version, but the Playstation remake is horrible. The loading times! If you could beat the SNES version in 30 hours, it would take 60 with this. The battles take longer to load than they take to finish.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Next

Return to General Gaming