Your Last Retro Game

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Your Last Retro Game

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 9, '11, 9:29 pm

I found a Pacman arcade machine the other day and had fun playing it. Got fairly far despite it not responding quite the way I wanted.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Mar 19, '11, 1:40 am

Atlinsmere wrote:I found a Pacman arcade machine the other day and had fun playing it. Got fairly far despite it not responding quite the way I wanted.

That reminds me, are Pacman arcades common in Canada? I've seen some over here in the States, but Ms. Pacman is much more common (and Ms. Pacman/Galaga machines are even MORE common than that)
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby MrKite » Wed Mar 30, '11, 12:44 am

My last retro game was Knights of the Round for the SNES. AWESOME Capcom beat 'em up!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Mar 30, '11, 2:02 am

A while back, my PS2 stopped reading PS1 memory cards. I still have all my old Spyro games from the PS1 era. I can get through the first game in one day (I got through it 100% plus the bonus stage in 5 hours a few weeks ago), but I can't get through the second and third games in a day. But a few weeks back, I stumbled on a used PS1 in a used music/game store. Someone was holding it, but he wasn't totally sure if he wanted it or not, so the store took my name and number. This was several weeks ago. Today, I got a phone call...the guy didn't want it! So I went and picked it up ($16, boo-yeah!), and tonight, I will probably start a new game of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! I haven't played that game in AGES.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Mar 30, '11, 3:28 pm

(Yes, double post.)

Oh, the nostalgia. I did indeed start playing Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage yesterday, and did the first three levels in the first world. Man oh man, this game generally holds up. I was surprised by how much I remembered perfectly.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sat Apr 2, '11, 11:49 am

The last retro game I played was Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara made by Capcom on a MAME emulator. It’s basically a fantasy version of Final Fight, or probably closer to Golden Axe if you will. It’s a pretty good game at that.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby H-Man » Mon May 2, '11, 9:18 pm

I went through a run of Lord of the Sword for the SMS last night. It's still a great game, if a bit repetitive at times.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon May 2, '11, 10:39 pm

Final Fanta... errr... cough cough, Phantasy Star IV. Believe it or not.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Wing Eye » Tue Jul 12, '11, 6:32 am

I just finished Parasite Eve the other night, I LOVED it :D I can't believe it took me so long to play this, being the lover of both RPGs and Horror games that I am. I going to strike up the second game soon.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby H-Man » Thu Jul 14, '11, 5:58 pm

Wing Eye wrote:I just finished Parasite Eve the other night, I LOVED it :D I can't believe it took me so long to play this, being the lover of both RPGs and Horror games that I am. I going to strike up the second game soon.

Did you finish it the normal way or did you do the Chrysler Building ending?
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Roundup