Your Last Retro Game

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Your Last Retro Game

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 26, '10, 9:42 pm

Could always just play the PC version of Doom.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Celeith » Sat Mar 27, '10, 5:46 pm

Latest game I've played would have to be Chrono Cross.. But I was messing around with hacking characters into places their not suppose to be and I found alot of interesting things. Apparently Leena from the beginning of the game has some dialog when you're playing as Lynx (Its a old game but some people who might play it new won't know) So I found it interesting that they included dialog for her at that point of the game.

Although Serge is my favorite character in the game (Swallows FTW) I like Glenn also, only cause he looks like me (his battle sprite). So I hacked Serge to look like Glenn, finding all fun things. The game doesn't crash with him, he just glitches when doing certain animations that Glenn doesn't have. But it fixes itself and the game plays normal. He's able to use all of Serges weapons, which don't glitch his sprite. They make his weapons look like sword. IE Steel Swallow when equipped looks like the Steel Sword.

All in all I'm having fun with this playthough.. I'm gonna collect all the characters in the game, by making 4 different saves. 1(Pierre), 2(Guile), 3(Nikki), 4(Harle), after I beat the game the first time I'll play through the game, (not newgame+), go through, get all characters with Guile in my group, then do the same with Nikki. Then I'll make a extra save while I got Harle, save. Load up my Continue+ data when I get it, Continue+ with Guile, beat the game, then Continue+ with Nikki, beat the game, then Continue+ once more with the Harle data, beat it, then load that data up on my original first save, thus having all characters in the game, while still being around Star Level 47.

I just don't like the Star Levels pass 47 in a New Game+, or even on a normal playthough. Your characters get strong enough to beat the game by that level so Star Level 100 is just overboard. I'm a completionist and I'll make a spare data just for that, but otherwise I don't even like New Game / Continue +
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tweeg » Wed Mar 31, '10, 7:35 pm

Just sepnt a couple of hours playing Sewer Shark. Made it further in the game than I've ever made it before, but still haven't come close to making it to Solar City.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby SirJason » Tue Apr 13, '10, 12:46 pm

Well for the last couple of weeks I've enjoyed "Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection" for PS3.

It's 100% retro and awesome . . . only annoyance is the way to unlock Phantasy Star 1.
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

Postby Tweeg » Sun Apr 18, '10, 2:38 am

Went to friends a week ago and we played 4-player Super Bomberman 2 for SNES for about three hours.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby thepeaguy » Sat May 15, '10, 5:44 pm

Me and my mate played Final Fight on my ps3 for a bit. Not much to add apart from it being your typical side scrolling fighting game, but it supports online multiplayer which is good.
thepeaguy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby H-Man » Mon Aug 2, '10, 3:57 pm

The last retro game I played was the first Wonder Boy for the SMS (via emulator of course).
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 8, '10, 11:07 pm

Been revisiting the old Mario games on my copy of Super Mario All-stars (with SMW). Such great childhood memories...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby H-Man » Sun Oct 10, '10, 3:10 am

Went through a round of Space Harrier for the SMS tonight. Fun as usual. Love the music.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby MrKite » Sun Oct 10, '10, 4:59 am

The last retro game I bought was The Little Mermaid for the NES. That was a surprisingly good game!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Roundup