Your Last Retro Game

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Your Last Retro Game

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Mar 10, '14, 2:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it is fairly rare nowadays. I'm just lucky that I still have the copy from my childhood (though at the moment, my brother is borrowing it). It wasn't among the most known games. I'd consider it a hidden gem on the Genesis.

Last retro game I played was, unsurprisingly, EarthBound. I'm doing a 1/128 item run. Because I'm doing that challenge and since I can save my game, it's pretty perfect for popping into my SupaBoy during my long commute if I don't feel like reading, listening to a podcast or music or just chilling.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Mar 11, '14, 9:14 pm

I just beat Metroid II yesterday, and am now playing Ghost Lion, for the NES. Really neat game so far.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 13, '14, 9:03 pm

I'm actually playing (a "little" only because of a lack of time...) Midnight resistance on megadrive : a desire of destruction ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Mar 18, '14, 12:29 am

I'm playing a Genesis game myself, and I have to thank you, myau, because it's...Beyond Oasis! I just got it in from Ebay a few days ago, and I'm loving it. Thanks for recommending that one!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 19, '14, 10:51 am

My last retro games were actually Phantasy Star IV on the PS3 Genesis Collection and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (If the HD version counts, it has levels from THPS 1, 2 and 3 with the DLC) and Kingdom Hearts (once again the HD version if it counts.)

PSIV has been more of a casually play it even though it seems more like a speed runtype of thing. But that's what happens when you play it once a year.

THPS has been a casual game I've been playing while watching a movie or Netflix on my computer. I've been playing as Andrew Reynolds who currently has all stats maxed, all boards bought, all career objectives completed and only the Warehouse Projectives completed. My niece likes playing as Lyn-z Adams Hawkins so I plan on unlocking all the levels for her soon and maxing out the stats.

As for Kingdom Hearts, well its Kingdom Hearts. I never beat the first game so I thought I'd go back and give it a try again. Just started so I'm not even off Destiny Islands yet.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Wed Mar 19, '14, 12:06 pm

Bragatyr wrote:I'm playing a Genesis game myself, and I have to thank you, myau, because it's...Beyond Oasis! I just got it in from Ebay a few days ago, and I'm loving it. Thanks for recommending that one!

No need to thank me ! I've tell you : this game is great ! You'll tell me more when you will finish it ok ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Mar 22, '14, 3:21 am

Hey, I just finished Beyond Oasis, it was amazing. I'm really glad you recommended it, myau, I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. The animation is phenomenal, the puzzles were really good and tricky, and overall it's the best action-adventure game I'm played in a long time. Kind of hard to believe it was released in 1995. Please let me know any other good Genesis games I should look into!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 22, '14, 3:29 pm

Ha you've finishe[Youtube][/Youtube]d it ? The only default that this game bears is that it's very short, alas... :( But that is some hours of Happiness ! Happy that you have enjoyed it ! This game is truly a great one :)

I f you haven't played it, try Soleil, (Crusaders of Centy in the USA and Ragnacen Ty in Japan): excellent Zelda-like game !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Mar 23, '14, 1:14 am

Yeah, I think it took...five hours or so? Definitely surprised me that it was over, but I think it was about the right length. Any more of some of those puzzles and I think I might have lost my mind! Right now I'm trying X-Men 2: Clone Wars, for the Genesis, pretty fun game so far.

I would really like to try Crusaders of Centy, but it seems to be quite rare and expensive at this point, unfortunately. I would like to try it some day, though. I missed so many good games on the Genesis back in the day.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 23, '14, 1:08 pm

5 Hours ? That seems to be the good length ! It's always too short when the game is great and that is the case here ! When we had finished it with my two brothers, so many years ago, it had taken aproximately 6 hours (the game was hired from a rental shop).
I'm so happy that you have enjoyed it !

X-Men 2 ? I've tried it and I'm not a big fan ! But I hope you'll continue to enjoy it too !
About Centy, true that the game is hard to find, especially at a "cheap price" so good luck ! The game is great :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Roundup