Your first Sega memory...

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Your first Sega memory...

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 25, '10, 1:01 am

My first sega experience would probably have to be renting Phantasy Star II right after I got my sega.. (My Sonic 2 got damaged before I could even play it)... Phantasy Star II is tough now, even though I'm a more experienced gamer... Back then... well you can pretty much imagine it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Solar » Wed Mar 3, '10, 4:30 pm

Mine is Sonic 3K on the PC. No, I never owned, and still don't, own a single console. :laugh_lucca:
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri Mar 5, '10, 11:14 pm

My first Sega memory. Well... If i'm remember right, I was really young when my parents decided to trade my nintendo Nes for a Sega. I have received some games listed here : share-your-gaming-collection-vt4164.html?start=10. And my first real game I Played was Sonic 2. And Phantasy Star IV. I wanted to learned english because of that games... And I learned English just for understand Phantasy star^^
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Tanith » Sat Mar 6, '10, 1:33 am

The first time I recall seeing the Sega logo was from playing Altered Beast in the arcades. Or no, maybe it was Hang-On, which, let me tell you, in the mid-late 80s, that was a really impressive arcade game. (I'm picturing my eight-year old self looking at the game and thinking, "OMGZ!! A whole bike!!")

If that doesn't count then my first significant Sega memory would be Christmas Day 1989, the day my brother got his Genesis. It came with Altered Beast, which I wasn't good at, but my brother stomped the game in about two days. We were stuck with just the one game for quite a while, since cartridges retailed for $40-$50. However, Phantasy Star II was one of the first games we got for it. If I remember correctly, we got Air Diver (sucked), Truxton (awesome, but insanely hard), then Phantasy Star II (Alex Kidd was an early purchase, too). I remember PSII was a HUGE purchase because it cost somewhere around $70-$80 at the time. I loved PSII so much that I rented a Power Base Converter so I could play PSI. I didn't love that game as much, but it did solidify my phandom.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby SirJason » Sun Apr 18, '10, 11:32 pm

Well . . . my first Sega memory was playing Altered Beast and Golden Axe in the arcades.

Left quite the impression on many a young boy back then . . . ("hey, I can change into a dragon/wolf/bear/tiger/golden wolf" & "yeah, I can be a barbarian warrior with magic")
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

Postby PSP » Mon Apr 19, '10, 4:07 am

My parents and I bought our first console, a Sega Genesis, on Labor Day 1993. I remember being annoyed because my parents had promised to buy one all summer long and waited until the day before school began. We got Sonic with the system (which we were talked into, saying that it came with a coupon for a free Sonic 2...coupon was expired :P), Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing, Hard Drivin', Crue Ball and Ms. Pac-Man.

We went home, hooked it all up and got stuck at the Robotnik of Green Hill Zone, so we called Sega's tips line and were told the trick (hey, I was 9 and my parents were...y'know, parents), by a live person no less.

I wouldn't discover Phantasy Star until I rented PSIV in 1995, after getting stuck for years in ShadowRun trying to find the damned feathered serpent... ;p
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Chibi Kwa » Tue Apr 20, '10, 6:52 am

Probably, playing Zaxxon in the arcade! :rofl:
Chibi Kwa
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Mon May 17, '10, 6:56 am

Double Dragon on the SMS. Four stages made of awesome.
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Jul 9, '10, 3:33 pm

Seeing the TV commercial promoting Hang-On and Safari Hunt for the SMS, I must have been 10 years old at the time. I was really impressed AND there was a cute girl in the commercial.

<3
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby H-Man » Mon Aug 2, '10, 3:55 pm

My brother got a Sega Master system back when I was a wee tyke. I think our first game was After Burner. Our first RPG was "Miracle Warriors."

One time he talked me out of getting a Japanese sci-fi movie for my birthday so I could get "Golvellius."

I also remember getting "Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap" for Christmas one year and discovering a few weeks after having it that the cheat code to get to the end of the game was included in the instruction booklet.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Roundup