Rolling Thunder

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Rolling Thunder

Postby MrKite » Mon Feb 14, '11, 6:29 am

Very hard, but very fun retro game from Namco. You play as secret agent code named:Albatross. Your mission is to rescue your ally, Leila from the terrorist organization Geldra.

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Rolling Thunder

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 14, '11, 9:54 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this one before. I must have missed it due to being a Tengen game. They didn't get the best press coverage back in the NES days. It looks really challenging. I probably would have enjoyed it back in the day, but not being able shoot up would kill it for me today.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Tue Feb 15, '11, 1:32 pm

I remember playing this, and it's subsequent sequels, in the arcade many moons ago. Very difficult but extremely fun to play!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby H-Man » Tue Feb 15, '11, 7:16 pm

I used to play this in the arcade, although I never got really far in it. I just remember the Gamepro article of the NES port ending with, "Don't give the enemy a chance! Shoot to kill!"
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Retro Roundup