You're not just ANY fighter, you're an ULTIMATE FIGHTER! XD

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

You're not just ANY fighter, you're an ULTIMATE FIGHTER! XD

Postby MrKite » Fri Mar 26, '10, 4:44 pm

Sorry about the title. I couldn't resist. This game is the sequel to the far superior believe it or not Flying Warriors which was on the NES, and was a pretty good game. This sequel is on the SNES, and both of these games are part of the Hiryu No Ken series. I played this for about a half an hour, and I couldn't stop laughing at how goofy it looked. Because it's a 16 bit system, you'd think it'd be better than Flying Warriors, but it's actually not as good for some reason. The controls seem to switch between the normal beat 'em up/platformer style controls to one on one fighter type of controls during certain battles. And sometimes, the opponent during the one on one battles turns into this super human monster or something, and your character turns into this weird Saint Seiya wannabe. Even though it's not as good as Flying Warriors, I still like it for it's silliness and goofiness.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: You're not just ANY fighter, you're an ULTIMATE FIGHTER!

Postby Tweeg » Sat Apr 3, '10, 3:54 am

I can't believe I just read the word "good" in the same sentence with "Flying Warriors". Have you ever seriously tried to beat that game? It glitches, presumeably, near the end and denies one the satisfaction of an ending. And that's with or without using a Game Genie, not that cheats are needed in a game so moderately easy to play.

To be fair though, it is a pretty good game up until the point where the glitch occurs.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Retro Roundup