Mexican Coke

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Mexican Coke

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 14, '11, 9:31 pm

A taste test between American Coke and Mexican Coke:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/tas ... r-2544634/

This reminds me of when they changed Coke several years ago and almost everyone was disappointed in it ... anyone else remember that?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Mexican Coke

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 20, '11, 12:29 am

It's interesting that they tried to test so many different factors. Personally I also prefer the tactile sensation of the glass bottles, but they're not very common in this area.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Oct 10, '11, 7:06 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:This reminds me of when they changed Coke several years ago and almost everyone was disappointed in it ... anyone else remember that?

You mean Coke II? I've heard about it, but the formula change only lasted from '85 or '86 until '91, way before my time :(. Does anyone remember what it tasted like?
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Aug 16, '13, 1:14 am

So, I'm trying a Mexican Coke for the first time as I type this. It tastes a bit more natural, but honestly, the difference isn't as noticeable as everyone makes it out to be. Still an interesting experience, though.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Aug 16, '13, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Tweeg » Tue Aug 20, '13, 6:05 pm

I got to go to The World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta back in 1994. That's Coco-Cola's company museum adjacent to their headquarters. Very neat place to visit if your still into polluting your body with that cr, err, stuff.

Anyways, part of the museum has a futuristic soft drink bar tended by a robot server. And there, to my knowledge, is the only place on Earth where you may actually drike Coke 2 at. I can't comment much on what it tasted like now that it's been nearly twenty years, but I do recall thiking it had an amazingly better flavor to it than regular Coca-Cola.

Inregards to Mexican Coke, I believe if you check the ingredients labels you'll find that there isn't any High Fructose Corn Syrup in the Mexican-made Coke products. This improves the serves to improve the flavor ever so slightly. Also, bottled tastes slightly better in general as the acidity of a soft drink does leach aluminum from the can.
Last edited by Tweeg on Tue Aug 20, '13, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Delectable Delicacies