Getting something unexpected

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Getting something unexpected

Postby Thoul » Mon Apr 13, '09, 10:19 pm

Have you ever purchased a game, opened it, and found something you weren't expecting? In England, a man recently found a pack of drugs inside the manual of a used game. I imagine that such occurrences are pretty rare, but have you ever found anything weird in a game?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Getting something unexpected

Postby Celeith » Mon Apr 13, '09, 11:25 pm

It had to be someone who worked in the store who put it there and most likely forgot which case they put it in. If what they said was true, that they examine all their games before they take them they would have noticed that the drugs were in the case when they opened it to check. Saying its a used game isn't any excuse because the employees are suppose to make all kinds of check when taking in used games.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby LordShibas » Wed Apr 15, '09, 1:54 pm

Back in the days when I bought games from Gamestop, this was probably about 5 years ago. I bought a used copy of Grandia Xtreme, and when I took it home, the game manual had a yellow tinge and smelled of urine badly. After realizing that someone had more than likely urinated on the manual for the game prior to selling it, I threw it out and bought a new copy from Amazon.(100% true story)
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 15, '09, 6:33 pm

Ew, nasty! After that, I wouldn't buy anything from them, either.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Mon Jun 22, '09, 1:14 pm

I read an article recently that a woman bought her son a DS. When he opened it up on his birthday, all he got were rocks. She contacted Wal-mart and they told her it wasn't their problem and that she had to contact Nintendo, Nintendo said it wasn't their problem and she had to return it to Wal-Mart. Eventually, she got her DS and a ten dollar gift certificate.

The way she was treated still doesn't seem fair and it doesn't seem like a ten dollar gift certificate would really make up for it. Especially since it was a birthday present and her son was going to be so happy only to be disappointed.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 22, '09, 1:41 pm

I expected these kind of stories from people ordering stuff from Ebay but from stores in town? I'm just stunned :knockout:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Tweeg » Mon Jun 22, '09, 1:53 pm

Only unexpected things I've found were the original store receipts for when the game(s) were first purchased. Those are kind of fun to find in them.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to In the News