Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, '13, 8:38 pm 
So, XSeeD games has recently announced some of its plans for the year for handhelds and the like. And since I know that at least a couple of you are fans of the Ys series, a couple of the announcements might well be a bit interesting.

First, is that Ys: Memories of Celceta for the PS Vita will be localized, making it the first version of Ys IV to ever get an English localization. This will be coming sometime in the fall of this year, and the lead time is not surprising- this is supposed to be the biggest Ys game yet.

The second is that Ys I & II will be coming to Steam next month in a form called Ys I & II Chronicles+. According to their localization manager, it's basically a work of Frankenstein-like programming, that combines the extra features of Chronicles (The ability to select between the Chronicles or Ys Complete soundtrack, selectable art styles, new event CGs) with the visual fidelity of Ys I & II Complete, as well as supporting higher resolutions and adjustable windowed modes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, '13, 9:27 pm 
Great announces !! :fiery: Thanks for the news as I'm one of the big fans of the YS serie :)
Maybe I'll need to buy a Vita at last ! And to create a steam account...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 1, '13, 12:48 am 
Celceta will be a day-one purchase for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 1, '13, 3:22 am 
And, the Chronicles+ pre-order page is already up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810/

I love how hard they're trying to sell the cutting-edge 1987 game design. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 1, '13, 4:07 am 
So, we're getting Ys I and II... we have III and IV (in the form of Oath in Felghana and Memories of Celceta), Ys VI is on the PS2 (and is still my favorite Ys game) and VII's on the PSP...

Tell XSeed Games that we're still missing Ys V: The Lost City of Kefin. =p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 1, '13, 7:00 pm 
Snorb wrote:So, we're getting Ys I and II... we have III and IV (in the form of Oath in Felghana and Memories of Celceta), Ys VI is on the PS2 (and is still my favorite Ys game) and VII's on the PSP...

Tell XSeed Games that we're still missing Ys V: The Lost City of Kefin. =p

I'm sure they'll be willing to localize it when Falcom remakes it to be actually good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 1, '13, 9:19 pm 
Let's pray together for the fifth one to be out soon ! :grouphug:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 2, '13, 2:26 pm 
Always glad to hear of more Ys coming. I may get I&II when the eventual Steam sales roll back around. I lack a Vita, so I'll pass on IV for now. Was there ever a PC version of that, or was it console/handheld only?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 2, '13, 5:27 pm 
Thoul wrote:Always glad to hear of more Ys coming. I may get I&II when the eventual Steam sales roll back around. I lack a Vita, so I'll pass on IV for now. Was there ever a PC version of that, or was it console/handheld only?

There was never a PC release of Ys IV.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 3, '13, 10:24 am 
I know I will pre-order Ys: Memories of Celceta even if I don't have a Vita by the time of its release :D

Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next