Xenosaga Episode IV...probably not!

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Xenosaga Episode IV...probably not!

Postby Lucas » Mon Nov 10, '08, 8:16 am

I was reading the Namco originally intened the Xenosaga series to span over 6 games but it was cut short to 3. But IGN hada recent interview with Namco about about a 4th edition to the series. But I doubt they will follow through with it here's the interview from IGN:

Question: Any plans on bringing new Xeno series to PS3?

Namco Bandai: The answer for this question is related to earlier questions. There are no plans at this point but we might consider bringing new Xeno series to PS3 if there are huge fan requests and sales.

Question: If Xenosaga Episode III is the last game of the Xenosaga series no matter what, would that change based on fan requests and sales? Is there a chance that Namco Bandai will make more games based on the Xenosaga universe (RPG or not)?

Namco Bandai: Yes, the Xenosaga universe is a grand concept and the number of ways we can think of to expand on this is infinite. We look forward to seeing player's reactions to Xenosaga III, and if reactions are good—who knows!

And if they did follow through with episode IV it probably wouldn't come to Australia :cry: we only have Episode II over here :(

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Mon Nov 10, '08, 5:21 pm

Xenosaga IV ? That sounds kind of fun. I haven't played II or III yet, but the first entry was interesting and fun enough.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Celeith » Tue Nov 11, '08, 2:11 am

I couldn't make it through Episode I actually. There was just to much talking. The gameplay is alright, its just the talking. I literally started playing, fell asleep, woke up and they were still going at it!
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lemina » Fri Nov 14, '08, 6:37 pm

I remember that there were save points between cutscenes--they were that long. XD

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 14, '08, 7:31 pm

*Snoring* *Drools* Huh wha?! Oh sorry, I must of dozed off while you were talking Lemina. Xenosaga is playing in the background and... *Snores*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lucas » Sun Nov 16, '08, 1:38 am

Lemina wrote:I remember that there were save points between cutscenes--they were that long. XD

I haven't played Episode 1 but I own a special 6 hour plus DVD with all of its cutscenes and I haven't played 3 either. But apparently Episode 2 has the shortest storyline so I presume the cut scenes in this game are shorter then the others. I must admit though it really doesn't bother me watching all the scenes because I feel its an RPG storyline with lots of potential not to mention it has really deep character realationships compared to other RPGs I have played. I really enjoy Xenosaga.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 16, '08, 3:43 am

I'm not trying to insult Xenosaga, by any means. The cutscenes are well done--but if you're not totally into it, it can drag.

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Lucas » Sun Nov 16, '08, 4:41 am

Lemina wrote:I'm not trying to insult Xenosaga, by any means. The cutscenes are well done--but if you're not totally into it, it can drag.

I know you were not trying to insult it :wink: . I just thought i'd state my opinion on what I thought of the series. :)

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 16, '08, 2:15 pm

:wink: Gotcha. I just wanted to be sure~ Play Ep I sometime. It is a whole lot of fun, and the story is like no other.

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Schala Zeal » Mon Nov 17, '08, 10:53 pm

I liked Xenosaga: Episode I. The concept for the battle system was really fun! I liked the story too... Though I don't really remember it anymore. :? It's only been a couple years since I played it, but I still don't remember it that well. Oh well. ^^' I've been meaning to pick up the other Episodes, but I don't see them that often anymore.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming