Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World)

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World)

Postby Lucas » Mon Feb 22, '10, 4:24 am

Well that god of a man behind the Xenosaga games Tetsuya Takahashi is making a new RPG for the Wii. He stated it is not related to Xenosaga (and most likely not Xenogears either :( ). If anything it looks as though it shares more similarities with Baten Kaitos also made by Monolith Soft. It looks quite interesting and this is just another reason for me to get a Wii :wink: . It’s looking at a Japanese release later this year.

Here’s two links relevant to the topic!

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/21551/

http://rpgland.com/news/xeno-lives-xeno ... olithsoft/
^ (I love the screenshot with the two huge robots that looks like something from a Xenosaga game)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World)

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 23, '10, 1:55 pm

It's kind of odd to call it Xenoblade if there's no relation to previous Xeno games. The screens do look very nice though. The Wii could certainly use another RPG, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 25, '10, 6:48 am

Thoul wrote:It's kind of odd to call it Xenoblade if there's no relation to previous Xeno games. The screens do look very nice though. The Wii could certainly use another RPG, too.

Yeah it is quite odd to add Xeno to the title with no relation the previous games at all. And all the details are still to sketchy I wanna know more about this one.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Fri May 6, '11, 11:54 pm

Didn't think this would happen considering Australia never got Xenogears or the first and final part of the Xenosaga Trilogy :cry: . But Xenoblade has already been rated by Australia's classification board. It's been rated M (which is T in the US) for Fantasy Violence. There is no official release date announced yet, except a hint that it's around September this year. I'll be buying, count on it. :wink:

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/26126/

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 30, '11, 6:15 am

It seems Nintendo is planning to not release this game in North America. There's a big fan movement called Operation Rainfall going on, trying to change their mind about it and some other RPGs for the Wii. I hope they can succeed, because I'd really like to play Xenoblade and The Last Story.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri Jul 1, '11, 11:30 am

I think that's pretty ridiculous. Hopefully Xenoblade does go to the US considering it is being dubbed into English, you'd think the game would also be sold there.

Also news that it may be getting European release on September 2nd. Australia and New Zealand are soon after.

http://www.vooks.net/story-20261-Xenobl ... -well.html
Last edited by Lucas on Fri Jul 1, '11, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Fri Jul 1, '11, 11:40 am

Here we can see the gameplay for the first time in English too. I must say I think the British dubs are quite nice in my opinion. Also that battle system is reminding me of Final Fantasy XII. ;)

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 1, '11, 10:03 pm

The Last Story has also been confirmed for a release in Europe, so that one is being dubbed into English as well. These wouldn't be the first time Nintendo released an English dubbed game in Europe but not the US. They did the same with Terranigma, back on the SNES. I really hope Nintendo changes their mind on these, though. A lot of fans would love to play these. The Wii is lacking in original RPGs and these would be a real shot in the arm for the system.

Maybe Nintendo of America is just waiting to let Nintendo of Europe/Australia do all the translations. If that's the case, all the America branch would have to do is make some tweaks for the different TV aspects, which shouldn't be so difficult or expensive for them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Mon Aug 8, '11, 9:14 am

EBgames Australia is finally allowing pre-orders for this game. It's meant to be available over here on the 1st of September.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii-154773-Xe ... ntendo-Wii

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Return to General Gaming