Nintendo 64 converter

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Nintendo 64 converter

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 3, '14, 1:04 am

Interesting article on a Nintendo 64 converter:

http://games.yahoo.com/news/23-old-desi ... 52862.html
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Nintendo 64 converter

Postby S4Blade » Mon Mar 3, '14, 4:49 pm

I was never really big on the N64. For some reason none of the games really interested me. There are a lot of emulators available that let you run N64 games on the PC, but I have never used any of them.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 4, '14, 12:17 pm

Interesting article BUT like Vistablade, I'm not really on N64 and I never was really : for me there wasn't a lot of very good games but this is only my opinion :) But why not for all the people who have loved it and still like it ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 4, '14, 3:13 am

Yeah. most of the N64 games were what could be considered shovelware. There were far too few gems on that system. I think most of those have even been converted or remade on other systems now.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jul 9, '14, 2:47 am

The N64 isn't my cup of tea, to be completely honest. I'd go as far to say that it's Nintendo's weakest console so far. Sure, you have Super Mario 64, Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time and so-forth, but overall, there's not a lot that interests me. And a lot of stuff that does interest me is already on other systems, like Mega Man 64 Legends.

I think it's interesting to note that a lot of the more memorable games on the system are first-party titles (a key reason why I haven't bought a Wii U yet, as its facing a similar issue at the moment); I can only name a handful of good N64 games that weren't from Nintendo itself.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jul 9, '14, 1:06 pm

I love the N64. Doesn't quite have the depth or quantity of the PSX or even Saturn library, but aside from the fantastic first party games, it had all the Rare stuff, including Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Blast Corps, as well as Doom 64 and the very unique Castlevania, Bomberman 64, Shadowgate 64.

It still can't be beaten for pure 4-player fun, which I think it's most remembered for now, along with its early experimentation in 3D gaming. Frat boys all across the world still pop in Mario Kart 64 and Smash 64 and party like it's 1999.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Hukos » Wed Jul 9, '14, 9:25 pm

Thoul wrote:Yeah. most of the N64 games were what could be considered shovelware. There were far too few gems on that system. I think most of those have even been converted or remade on other systems now.

I'm still waiting on that Majora's Mask 3D remake, Nintendo.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Tweeg » Sun Jul 20, '14, 4:32 pm

Oh man, I loved the N64. But I got it for the selection of Star Wars games it was getting. Episode 1: Racer was the selling point for me that made it a must have. There was only one Star Wars game made for the system that actually disappointed me and that was the very last one, Episode 1: Battle for Naboo.

Goldeneye 007 was amazing both single and multi-player, as was the spiritual successor (game play wise) Perfect Dark. Mission Impossible, though graphically inferior to Goldeneye 007, was a fun game. Battle Tanx: Global Assault was incredibly fun in multi-player, but became aggrevating in single played once you discovered that there's a glitch so the game doesn't end when you beat it, it just restarts you back at the first level and infinitely loops. And Extreme G was a fantastic battle racer.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jul 20, '14, 5:01 pm

Oh, yeah, the N64 had great Star Wars games. I actually loved Shadows of the Empire, the earliest one, had a great mix of vehicle combat levels and first/third-person shooter levels, along with a nice race level. Wipeout 64 and F-Zero X are two other great racers for the system I've played (and I've heard Wave Race and Diddy Kong Racing are great, too).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Return to Tech and Design