Xbox Lawsuits

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Xbox Lawsuits

Postby Thoul » Sun Nov 22, '09, 12:52 pm

So, Microsoft recently banned a lot of consoles from Xbox Live for being modified to play pirated games. Rumor has it they may have kicked off up to 1 million systems. So of course, someone is looking to sue Microsoft over this. A law firm has set up a form for people interested in joining a class action lawsuit against the game company.

Anyone thinking of signing up? I hope no one here was affected by the Xbox banning.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Xbox Lawsuits

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 22, '09, 5:19 pm

If you mod your console to play pirated/illegal games and hack games in order to cheat on or offline, that's what you get. :roll:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Xbox Lawsuits

Postby Darkil » Sat Jan 9, '10, 6:19 pm

I find it foolish that these folks would call foul since they changed up their xbox's to do other things. Granted some of these things are easily attainable with the hardware, but a majority of people did it with dishonest intentions. I'm fairly certain that there's something in the paperwork that comes with the system stating you void your warranty if you open up the case of the xbox yourself.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to In the News