Xander's winter photos

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Xander's winter photos

Postby Xander » Thu Oct 21, '10, 2:16 pm

So after a chat with SS1 yesterday I realised I have never uploaded more than a few of my wintry here. So given the time of year, now would be as good a time as any to do so. Most of these were taken during the last winter, when we had the most snow and when I was out and about a lot.

This is just a general pick and mix from what I have on my comp, all taken from places across the country. Believe me, there are plenty more where these came from.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Xander's winter photos

Postby Oakley2284 » Thu Oct 21, '10, 3:03 pm

Thats some really great picture you have here. Thats really nice =D Thanks for having posting this ^^
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Oct 21, '10, 4:33 pm

I still say Rohan...just now in winter. And that's a compliment. These are beautiful.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 22, '10, 4:26 am

These are all beautiful scenes. You're really lucky to have such wonderful outdoor areas to explore. Pictures of fields and areas where there is a thick blanket on the ground that hasn't been disturbed by anything walking across are always amazing. I especially like the first photo; the trees look almost like a tunnel leading back through the snow.

Thanks for sharing all of these with us, Xander!
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Oct 22, '10, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Oct 22, '10, 10:50 am

Its beautiful photos like this, that make me wish I could see snow over here. Thanks for sharing Xander :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 22, '10, 12:57 pm

Thanks for posting these, Xander! Gosh, they all take my breath away. Snow is so beautiful! I really can't pick a favorite as each one is more amazing than the one before. Looking at these pictures, I can really understand why you love hiking, climbing, as much as you do. It must be so invigorating being out among nature like this! I'll never get tired of looking at photos like these. Thanks! :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Xander » Fri Oct 22, '10, 1:41 pm

I don't know about invigorating. While there are moments for sure, when it comes to walking in winter it can be a heck of a slog at times, especially in really deep snow. :p

For example, the 4th picture from the bottom was taken on probably one of the toughest days. We literally climbed up that mountain on the right. It started off as a walk up but after a while we ended up having to dig out holds in the snow for hands and feet so we could climb up, never mind the numerous patches of ice and outcrops of rock that we had to go around. There was a group of climbers at the top with crampons and axes with them and the look on their faces was priceless when we told them we did it with no climbing gear, especially when one of them went to have a look over the edge from where we appeared.

Anyway, here are some more pics.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 26, '10, 6:07 pm

:lol: I think you should have taken a picture of those climbers' faces. That next to last photo, the cave, looks just like something from a video game. I'm sure I've seen that very cave in Oblivion. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Xander » Tue Oct 26, '10, 6:54 pm

Well I do have a photo of those climbers somewhere, just not what you're asking for Thoul. I was too busy battling the winds to put my jacket on while we were talking. :D

As for the 'cave' you mentioned, it's actually known as a Hermitage. The name explains the rest. It sits inside a large area of woodland, next to a large river and is quite easy to find due to the numerous signs found along the motorway leading to the area. here's a photo of the interior and the river next to it. These were taken in winter, just FYI.

I was using one of my older cameras at the time too, so apologies for the excessive flash and such.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Return to Artwork