The Magnificent Seven

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

The Magnificent Seven

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jun 11, '12, 8:14 pm

Anyone remember the classic movie "The Magnificent Seven" that starred actors Yul Brennar, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and several other famous actors in the title roles? If not, then here's a link to help refresh your memory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnif ... daptations

The movie did so well that there have been several various spin-off movies of it over the years and there was even a TV series based on it, also called "The Magnificent Seven" and which starred actor Ron Perlman (of "Hellboy" and "Beauty & The Beast" fame).

Well, now there is soon to be another new remake of
The Magnificent Seven" film and so far it is known that two of the headliner cast will be...actors Tom Cruise and Matt Damon have signed on to do the film.

Anyone have any choices as to who else you would like to see in the lead character roles in this movie??

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.as ... r-mov-news

I think Keifer Sutherland would be terrific in this movie!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: The Magnificent Seven

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 12, '12, 1:17 pm

I've never seen the original. Is it really that good? That Wikipedia article says it's the second most shown film in US TV history, but I find that hard to believe. I certainly don't recall it being shown that much.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 12, '12, 11:28 pm

Yep, it was actually that good, especially back in it's heyday when western type movies were so very popular. I know they used to show it a lot on the TV channels that kinda specialized in western movies and stuff, like TNN, and stuff. Yul Brynner, Charles Bronson, and Steve McQueen were all kind of like the Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and Clint Eastwood of their time period, so to spend. In other words they were and all became larger than life celebrities and stars. They were some of the pick of the crop in Hollywood, imho.

I hope you get to see the movie and draw your own conclusions. If I happen to see when it's coming on anywhere on TV, I'll try and let you know, or I'm sure it would be very easy to find a video or DVD of the movie somewhere if you're really interested. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after you've seen the movie.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tryphon » Wed Jun 13, '12, 12:12 am

The original is even better (Kurosawa's Seven Samourais)
Tryphon
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 20

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jun 13, '12, 3:02 am

Tryphon wrote:The original is even better (Kurosawa's Seven Samourais)

Now, I'm trying to remember if I have seen this movie, Seven Samourais), before. I did a google search on it and it sounds very interesting also. I'm going to try and find this movie somewhere and watch it. Here's a link below with more information about this movie. The article also says something about a TV series also, so I've put a link to that below too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Samurai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_7

Has anyone else seen either of these?

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films