WOW's 10 year anniversary stats

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

WOW's 10 year anniversary stats

Postby S4Blade » Tue Jan 28, '14, 11:04 pm

Source: http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic ... aphic.html

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of World of Warcraft this year, Blizzard released the above stat page on different aspects of Azeroth. It shows some impressive numbers. I know there are not a lot of WOW fans here (okay maybe just me) but it's hard to deny how incredible some of these stats are.

More WOW characters created than there are people in the United States? Wow, that's nuts.

2.8 million trades (per day) in the auction house. Geez

I've played WOW for a while and I think it's a great game, but I think I'm more fascinated with the phenomenon that it has become. Seriously, hats off to Blizzard for making a game that has captivated people for a decade. Amazing
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Jan 28, '14, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: WOW's 10 year anniversary stats

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Jan 29, '14, 12:49 am

Yeah. Even though the only MMO I play these days is Star Trek Online, it's pretty much impossible to deny Blizzard's achievement.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jan 29, '14, 3:08 am

Kind of crazy to me to think it's been out for ten years. We are getting old. Also crazy that I've never played the game, but yeah, it's definitely a phenomenon. I think it's interesting that economists and psychologists and all this actively study the game as a kind of microcosm of human nature. That's kind of crazy, too.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 29, '14, 12:14 pm

Bragatyr wrote:Kind of crazy to me to think it's been out for ten years. We are getting old. Also crazy that I've never played the game, but yeah, it's definitely a phenomenon. I think it's interesting that economists and psychologists and all this actively study the game as a kind of microcosm of human nature. That's kind of crazy, too.

I've never played too ! And it's not a strange thing because I don't like at all MMORPG games so... ;) But happy birthday anyway !! :cake:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to In the News