Zio - what's the source of his magic?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Zio - what's the source of his magic?

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 7, '07, 12:13 am

According to the Compendium book, the ability to use magic is a genetic trait. That's why Espers can use it but people like Odin can't - Odin just doesn't have the genes for it. Dedicating studying is also needed, hence Esper Mansion being a magic school of sorts.

With that in mind, let's look at Zio. He uses magic, but there's no sign of anyone being on Motavia to teach it. Do you think Zio was born with magic ability and developed it, or did all of his power come from his association with Dark Force?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 7, '07, 2:33 am

I think that Dark Force gave him the powers he has. How else would he be able to use the black wave?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Atolm » Fri Dec 7, '07, 4:16 am

What Tsu said. I feel the same way.

...or Zio is really into Dark Pagan magic and rituals. :P
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 7, '07, 6:15 am

I bet it was some kind of power situation where he has the ability to use magic and begins developing it, then Dark force comes along and promises to strengthen his powers over 10 times or something, in exchange for his service.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 7, '07, 9:30 pm

Atolm wrote:What Tsu said. I feel the same way.

...or Zio is really into Dark Pagan magic and rituals. :P
I'd believe it!! :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 8, '07, 1:44 am

I bet it was some kind of power situation where he has the ability to use magic and begins developing it, then Dark force comes along and promises to strengthen his powers over 10 times or something, in exchange for his service.

I think it was something like that, too. Dark Force really did a number on Zio, with the monster hand, the ability to brainwash others into the religion, and all that. There had to be some reason for Zio being chosen as DF's envoy. If Zio could use magic already, that would be a good start.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Xellos » Thu Dec 27, '07, 7:03 pm

I think Zio, starts like a magician, but no the DF comes along with him; Zio, in his madness of create a cult cause is no cult in motavia, begans to study all sorts of magics an invocations, and in the end, he found a book, on wich is a method for invocation the DF power and he be able to use Black Wave.
If you look at the Zio´s battle, he make a move to make appear th DF, and use the Black Wave.
It´s like a possesion.

"If I tell you that, my chief Shabranigudu will kill me, hehe"
Xellos
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Celeith » Thu Dec 27, '07, 11:10 pm

i think zio was just a normal guy who lived in kadary but then ended up getting possessed by dark force, then he began his construction of his castle, starting a cult, and eventually leading up to the events where PSIV began
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 31, '08, 2:03 am

Rune and Kyra are espers and both can perform ”Hewn”. Well, there is another one who can do that and is Zio. I'm not saying he came from esper's origins, since there could be other monsters to perform that kind of 'magic' (in anycase no human is able to do that).

Another thing is that when LaShiec was alive (PS1 and PS1remake) all of his powers came from his magical staff, not from his own hands, like Zio. Why would DF choose Zio? Why choose lashiec? Well, Lashiec had pollitcal influence/power but zio didn't...
---
On the other hand there could be the possibility that he had no powers at all and maybe the condition was "since no regular human can perform 'magic' I will add you an extra (monstrous) adn... see? now you can do it! what? you don't like your "new" arm?"
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 31, '08, 9:32 pm

I wonder if Zio's armor might have been part of the source of his power? It's very unique.

Well, Lashiec had pollitcal influence/power but zio didn't...

No one on Motavia had that kind of power in Zio's time. The government had completely fallen to pieces. Zio didn't possess real power at first, but he definitely seemed to gain it as his reputation spread.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV