Would you consider Wren and Demi...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 24, '08, 12:58 am

maybe they pulled some weird cliche thing and Demi was originally Human however many years ago and then Wren found her floating alone in the wreckage of a spaceship barely alive. Having a slight human emotion he saved her and turned her into a android to extend her life so she wouldn't die then and there.... *thinks*.. I have a new idea for a fic lol To the writing device.. Come Demi *grabs Demi and runs away*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 24, '08, 5:29 am

Kaloes wrote:I have a new idea for a fic lol To the writing device.. Come Demi *grabs Demi and runs away*

Hee hee...you read my mind, Kaloes. :mrgreen: But I know I'd never get around to doing it between classes, homework, clubs and other stuff I have to do. :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 24, '08, 8:50 pm

Dorrinal wrote:I fail to see any mystery. Backstory would make her more of a character than a plot device, but what are you going to get?

Origin: Created by Wren
Motivations: Keep the climatrol on Motavia running
Go ahead, think of something. It's a challenge!

Given how close Nurvus is to six towns (Mile, Kadary, four destroyed ones), Demi could have easily had plenty of contact with the people living on Motavia. It wouldn't have been much of stretch to say she visited a town occasionally to check on the humans and made a friend or two.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Jan 24, '08, 11:49 pm

I think Wren intended for her to have the qualities and abilities of a caretaker. That would explain her role as mainainer of Climatrol as well as her Medic Power. She may have acted maternally with the local population, if she interacted with them at all. Too bad, you would have thought locals would have rumors or legends about such a being.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Jan 25, '08, 6:38 pm

Well, I don't think Demi would have let herself grown too attached to anyone besides Wren. Outliving all the friends you made would suck. Of course what I've always wondered is why Zio didn't kill Demi? The only thing I can think of is that couldn't figure out how to get past her self-repair systems.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Celeith » Fri Jan 25, '08, 7:00 pm

I think Zio was holding off on killing Demi because she knew how to run Nurvus and he didn't.. When Alys and them arrived he probably was heading to the top of his tower to finish the job but was stopped and had to take care of the intruders. But since they got away he probably felt like "What the hell, I'll let them live for awhile longer" or something like that.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Jan 25, '08, 7:40 pm

Considering Zio wanted to destroy everything, I don't think that was the case. Maybe he was going to try and corrupt Demi? She would be a powerful servant if it was possible to do so.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 26, '08, 7:10 am

Sort of like how Dark Force infested Kuran? Demi would probably have made a great host for the third Dark Force, more so than Seth (if he was a host). I'm not sure what the point would be aside from just being able to do a lot of damage. At the time, Demi wasn't needed to control the climate systems, since DF had that in hand.

I wonder if Zio or Dark Force could tell that Demi was a protector somehow?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 26, '08, 7:25 am

I think that either Zio and Dark Force knew she was a protector or were intent on using her as a vessel for DF like Seth was (I always assumed he was a regular guy with really bad luck.) I lean towards the latter, because had she been a host, then DF would've been able to directly usurp power over Motavia's climate and hit the "red button" right away. Kuran was more indirect control, at least it seemed that way to me, and now I can't help but wonder if Zio was intent to corrupting Demi to take direct control over Motavia's environment. That certainly would've helped him destroy everything really quick.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Would you consider Wren and Demi...

Postby H-Man » Wed Sep 29, '10, 12:45 pm

I always had the impression that Demi was a lot closer to being human (emotionally) then Wren, so I can imagine her developing some sort of feelings for him, even if he lacked the slightest capacity of returning them.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV