Wireless controllers

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Wireless controllers

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 12, '07, 4:16 am

Do you own or have you ever used a wireless game controller? If so, do you enjoy the experience? I've never used one myself, so I'm curious as to how well they work and if they are worth the investment.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Dec 12, '07, 5:56 am

I think i tried one once, only useful if your gonna play several feet longer than the controller will let you.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby lee » Wed Dec 12, '07, 7:46 pm

I don't have any wireless controllers except for the Nintendo Wii which has wireless controllers as the default controllers.
lee
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 3:30 am

Yeah, that would be another use. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Fri Dec 14, '07, 5:14 pm

I do not like wireless controllers at all. I gave the wireless controller away that came with my 360 Premium to a friend. When I bought my PS3 I made sure I bought 2 cables to connect my controllers to my system.

I just don't like the concept of using up batteries all the time, and they just seem too heavy to me.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:07 pm

I'd rather have wires, too. I even have an extension cord for one of my PlayStation 2 controllers. I'd hate for the batteries in my controller to die in the middle of an important real time battle. That could really ruin a game.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:03 am

I hadn't even thought of the battery aspect. I guess I'll stick with cords for a while.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tech and Design