Winter Hunt 2014

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Winter Hunt 2014

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 2, '14, 2:54 am

Happy New Year! Fringes of Algo is starting 2014 with a new icon hunt community event, our first Winter themed hunt. In this event, thirty holiday themed icons have been hidden throughout the site for community members to find. All community members are invited to participate!

What is Winter Hunt?
The Winter Hunt works like this: a bunch of icons, styled with a combined theme of winter holidays and Phantasy Star characters, have been scattered around the Fringes of Algo web site for members to find. You can see these icons only while logged in and during the duration of this event. If you should find an icon, you can click on it to claim it. When you claim an icon, you will unlock a matching Achievement that will appear in your member profile. There is a separate Achievement for each icon and each year of the event. Icons you have claimed will also disappear from your view of the site.

Most of the icons for this event have a theme of snow globes, but there are a few pumpkin icons recycled from the Halloween hunt that we skipped over last year.

Rules of Winter Hunt
Please do not share the locations of icons with others. Every member is able to find and claim each icon. Please allow everyone to fully enjoy the event by searching for the icons and earning the Achievements independently. If I have reason to suspect that someone has cheated their way into finding icons, they may be disqualified from this and future community events. You are welcome to boast when you find an icon, of course. Just don't say where you found it.

Some of the icons will be easy to find, while others are well hidden and may be very difficult to locate. They could be anywhere, even in parts of the site you've never visited before now! Keep your eyes peeled!

This year's Winter Hunt has now begun and will continue until 12 AM Eastern Time on Monday, January 13th. The icons will be visible on the site only during that time period and only to logged in members. Clues for the icon locations will be posted later as the event progresses.
Last edited by Thoul on Wed Jul 16, '14, 6:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Winter Hunt 2014

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 2, '14, 11:15 am

Yes ! A new Icon Hunt on this fantastic site ! Congratulations, THOUL ! Hope you're fine because long time no see :) Happy New Year ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Jan 6, '14, 12:17 am

Great! I wasn't expecting that, but at least I have been able to return before it is finished.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 6, '14, 9:20 pm

THOUL : I've got a question for you ! Is there going to be clues for this Winter hunt or not ? Could be very helpful as I'm a bit stuck in my hunt ... :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Jan 8, '14, 12:44 am

I am stuck as well, but as I have already found the only one that I cannot miss, I am not that worried :)
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 8, '14, 9:03 am

TILINELSON : I suppose you are right ! I think I'll not go further but that is already great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jan 8, '14, 12:20 pm

I, unfortunately, have not found the item I really like to find (which is Demi's). But like you two, I've hit a wall and haven't found any since late last week.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 8, '14, 9:19 pm

I don't know really which items I would really like but I was eager to try to catch them all (like the Pokémons ! :rofl: ) but unfortunately that is impossible !
But WOLF BIRD : Do you know why there is no clues for this hunt ? :) (sure it must be a hard job to find all those clues ! I'm sure of it :) )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jan 8, '14, 10:39 pm

I'm sure Thoul is just busy with something in his life. We must remember, he is not a robot. Personally, I'm just thankful he takes his time to organize these events. So clues or no clues, I wish you all the best of luck. :D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 9, '14, 1:47 am

Due to a delay in getting the clues posted on this hunt, I've decided to extend the hunt through the coming weekend. The new end time is 12 AM Eastern Time on Monday, January 13th.

The first batch of clues has been been added to the bottom of the first post in this topic. The second batch will be posted tomorrow or the day after.

Wolf Bird wrote:I, unfortunately, have not found the item I really like to find (which is Demi's). But like you two, I've hit a wall and haven't found any since late last week.

Sorry, but there's not a Demi icon this time around. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Site Announcements