Windows 7

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Windows 7

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Oct 24, '09, 3:49 am

That's good to know they'll at least keep XP updating for a while yet. Those little dinky netbooks seem to run XP over Vista since it's much less resource-intensive, and I know a LOT of people who have one of those.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 24, '09, 4:02 am

Yeah, that's good news. 2012 is longer than I expected. Of course, by then Windows 8 will probably be testing. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Mon Oct 26, '09, 1:18 am

Windows 8 is already in development, but no plans for release of even a beta until at earliest 2011. Microsoft is hoping that Windows 7 will have the same kind of successful and leangthy run as its past successful counterparts, such as XP.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Abominae » Mon Oct 26, '09, 2:51 pm

I don't know if this was already mentioned but I didn't see it so

1 - There is a program that's gonna cost you about $30 and it'll help you convert from XP to Vista. I forgot the name of the program, but it's not written by MS.

2 - The core engine bit was right, however, Windows 7 is actually faster than Vista and runs better on slower systems that struggled with Vista.

3 - From what I remember, "If you have managed to make Vista work for you in a way you are comfortable with, you need not upgrade to 7. There simply is not that many more differences that someone in this position would find appealing. However, for the majority of people, this is not the case."
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation