Arc the Lad

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Arc the Lad

Postby Neithird » Thu Apr 5, '07, 6:32 pm

This is another classic series that has had continuations recently. I never got to play the early Arc the Lad games. I thought about buying them on eBay once, but the prices were outrageous.

So I've only played Twilight of the Spirits. It's a pretty good strategy RPG. The game is a lot like Shining Force, but less complex. I had fun with it, but from what I have read, it was a departure from the rest of the series.

Has anyone played these? I'm curious as to what the earlier games were like.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Arc the Lad

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 6, '07, 8:21 pm

I have also played Twilight, but like you I'm a latecomer to this series. I'm not sure if I would describe it as being like Shining Force... I can see the similarities, but it is also very different. I like most of the characters and voice acting in Twilight. Almost all of them are pretty well developed, other than the optional characters.

There was another game in the series released after Twilight, though I don't recall the name offhand. I passed on it because I read it was going to be an online game. Know anything about that one?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Arc the Lad

Postby Neithird » Mon Apr 9, '07, 4:05 pm

Not much. I think it was called End of Darkness or something like that. I didn't get it either. From the reviews I read, it was a rather unremarkable standard action RPG. Just another hack and slash fest. :( Some of the characters from Twilight of the Spirits are supposed to appear in the game, but I have no idea which ones.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming