Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Grand Theft Auto V

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 17, '13, 8:56 pm

Grand Theft Auto's newest version is supposed to be out today and so far thoughts are that this version of the game will do very, very well. This is the newest version of the game since 2008 and I'll just bet fans are waiting on this new version with baited breath. Anyone here going to get a copy of this game?

http://money.msn.com/now/post--big-sale ... uto-sequel

Which version of the game has been your favorite so far, and do you think that will change with this new version coming out?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Sep 18, '13, 12:03 am

Favorite GTA? For me, it really depends: as far as the overall game goes, my favorite would have to be San Andreas for its soundtrack and gameplay, but IV has the best story, and Vice City has the best atmosphere.

My copy of GTA V just arrived in the mail and is being installed on my PS3 as I type this. I'm not sure if it will top San Andreas, but it definitely won't be disappointing from what I've read.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby S4Blade » Wed Sep 18, '13, 12:07 pm

I'm sitting out this GTA game, just like I do all the others. I never really got into them. I've tried playing them before, but I just have trouble focusing when I play them, and I end up wasting too much time doing nothing.

I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into the GTA games, but if I was going to put that much time into a game, I would rather go back to playing WOW.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 18, '13, 2:13 pm

I guess I'm more of a Saints Row fan than GTA fan, and I prefer Rockstar's other titles like La Noire and Red Dead Redemption. I never played GTA IV as the whole thing about having to keep up good relations with people by doing inane things with them really did not appeal to me for a game of that nature, where half the fun can be just messing around. Saints Row doesn't really have that kind of thing.

That said, my boyfriend hasn't preordered this. It's because they haven't announced anything for the next-fen, and it's also not available on PC, which is how he'd prefer to play it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 19, '13, 9:28 am

Sales for the new Grand Theft Auto V are doing very, very well on it's first few days out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/grand ... 4B11187483
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 25, '13, 8:38 am

I may have beaten this game in three/four days... Aside from the collectables... It's an overall awesome game and I can understand full well why it shattered all sales records by making over a billion dollars in three days. :D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Tue Dec 31, '13, 11:31 am

GTA ? Beurk ! I can't stand t all this serie but happy about the gamers who love it ! Enjoy playing it but is not for me and I'm always amazed by the fact that there was and is so many sellings...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Dec 31, '13, 1:01 pm

My boyfriend eventually broke and got the PS3 version. He beat it shortly before Christmas. I know missed some of the story, but it definitely looked fun and what you'd expect GTA to be. I'm willing to admit that I found the three different characters in a story woven together like that was pretty interesting. But I'm not sure I'll be playing it, at least not anytime soon, as I have a lot of games to get through yet and two others from this year I want to grab. For now, he's lending it to a friend of ours.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to In the News