Blizzard is closing Diablo 3's Auction House

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Blizzard is closing Diablo 3's Auction House

Postby S4Blade » Thu Sep 19, '13, 7:16 pm

From an email I got from Blizzard:

"We are writing tell you about an important change to Diablo III: we're going to be removing the gold and real-money auction house system from the game.

When we initially designed and implemented the auction house system, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But after much review and player feedback, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the final shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process, but feel free to check out our blog post on the subject, and stay tuned to Diablo 3.com for further details.

- The Diablo III team"

I'm not sure how to take this since I've never played the game (despite the fact that bought it at launch). I just never got around to playing the game. From what I've heard, the Auction House really nerfs the drop rates, so hopefully this will be good for Diablo 3 players. Guess I did a good thing by waiting to play the game :)
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Return to In the News