Wii shortage for Christmas

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Postby Tsunami » Tue Dec 18, '07, 12:59 am

LordShibas wrote:Wii shortages are total bs. Not in the way that there aren't any, but the fact that Nintendo is holding back to try to increase demand. Anyone who buys this garbage that ANY system after over a year of being available is still hard to get is either high or stupid. The shortage is based off of Nintendo "accidentally" under-estimating demand. Then they post articles about how they can't keep up with demand to make the Wii look great. Most companies do it, but at this point in the game, anyone who buys this nonsense from Nintendo still, needs their head checked.
I know a few people at multiple Best Buy stores, and they have been telling me since the launch of the Wii, that they simply just don't get them in. They are never in stock.
I wouldn't be surprised, really. In the end, as long as there's high demand for the product, then they can pull this stuff. Now, if they were really hurting to sell zee Wii, I'm sure that it wouldn't be so ridiculously sought after, thus making it easier to acquire one. :D

I don't know a single person who owns a Wii. I know plenty that own PS3s and 360s. It makes me wonder where all these Wiis are going. Then again, most of my friends are over the age of 13.
I know a few people who own a Wii (older than I am, too). I doubt I'd get one myself, though.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 18, '07, 9:11 pm

lol all my friends own wiis, never talked about much though. Peculiar...
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Previous

Return to In the News