Experimentation with PSIV

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Experimentation with PSIV

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:07 am

This topic is about me and my findings while using the Walk Through Walls Game Genie code on an emulator in Phantasy Star IV.

The first thing I would like to say is that I found something rather interesting in mile when the Edge appears nearby. The one house that the old man is blocking with his dead body blocking the way has two dead people in it. However when you talk to them, the game glitches and the message "enter." appears on the screen. You can still move around, the game doesn't crash or anything. I just found it rather odd and thought to share it.

Click here for a picture.

I just thought it rather odd.
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:13 am

Huh, that's a strange one. I guess this is why they blocked off the house with that other guy. According to the PSIV script I have, the only place "enter." appears in the game is a line Demi speaks at the Machine Center: "Please, feel free to enter."
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:36 am

It seems that PSIV has a few bugs and glitches in it :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 21, '08, 4:06 pm

Hey Trenz, didn't I tell you about this a long time ago when I was first testing things out with the codes while working on my Alys guide? Or maybe I mentioned it to Snorb on Aim, its been awhile I can't remember.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:48 pm

I don't remember. All I know is that I have been doing some experimentation and I was curious to see what I could accomplish. Like if you see in the picture, my party consists of Alys, Gryz, and Wren. I managed to get rid of Chaz by using the Walk Through Walls code. And I can also enter The Edge with the three characters I have in my party though I have to do some level grinding because a single battle in the edge seems like a boss battle for the three right now.
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 21, '08, 6:38 pm

How did you remove Chaz? I had to use a hex editor to change Chaz to Alys on my file so my Alys Rune Demi and Hahn save could be created.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Nov 22, '08, 4:32 am

Kaloes. You are asking me to remember something from a few nights ago. I am not exactly 100% sure myself but if you give me some time I can answer your question and post it here afterwards.

I also found out that if Alys is not in your party when you visit Grandfather Dorin, the game will freeze because there is nobody to whack him. Also you can't get the Psyco wand without Rune, the game will freeze because there is nobody there to break the barrier.

[EDIT]
Alright Kaloes. I got it for you. I logged my last adventure and this time instead of a 3 man party, it is a 2 man party consisting of Wren and Alys.

WTW Run Log 1
-Started a new game and played through normally but did not get Hahn
-Beat basement and transported to Rykros, then to the spaceport
-Went to Zelan and got Wren
-Defeated CHAOSSORCR and crashed on Dezolis
-Got Raja in my party, however his character is what I call unstable, basically meaning that when you open up the menu there is a good chance of your game freezing and their name and stats are all glitched in menu. Also, even though it says they are in your party in battle. Battle sprite does not show up and they do not attack or gain exp.
-Went to Tyler and got the LANDALE. Went to Motavia.
-Went and retrieved Seth at the temple. Seth is unstable but replaces Raja.
-Retrieved Aero-Prism and defeated DarkForce 3
-Went to Meese and Raja (Who is not in my party) fell sick but Chaz took his place instead.
-Current party, Alys and Wren.

[EDIT 2]
Possible fix for the menu freezing problem. So far I have only confirmed this with Seth. Try waiting about 3-7 seconds when you open the menu.
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 22, '08, 8:21 pm

Yea I knew about waiting for the menu, if you wait a few seconds the blinking light will finally appear and then organize your party. Usually when using my Alys FAQ when you get Rune it does it. If you organize the party he runs off, I believe if you watch my video on youtube about it it shows me doing it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Nov 23, '08, 5:17 am

Well. I am doing some more experimenting tonight. I'll log my adventure in WTW Run Log 1.
Atlinsmere

Return to Phantasy Star IV