Who should tag along to Rykros?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Who should tag along to Rykros?

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 8:56 pm

One thing I always thought was a shame in PSIV is that when you go off to Rykros, an area with some of the strongest enemies in the game, your party is reduced down to just four people. That blank fifth slot is just there, mocking that you aren't at full strength.

So, if you got to choose a fifth party member to take along to Rykros, who would it be? Hahn, Gryz, Demi, Raja, or Kyra? Or maybe even Seth, if he hadn't turned?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 21, '08, 9:40 pm

oh man this question haunts me so.. Why must I chose between the goodness that is Demi, and the extra goodness that is Kyra.. Decisions decisions... the hell with it i'll just hack my group and take them all >.>.. seriously I'd take kyra with me
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lemina » Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:14 pm

I didn't get to that point yet, but I'd probably take Hahn. If I remember, he's pretty good with healing and magic. I can't really say though, I haven't really compared him to the other characters. *floats off*

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Lucas » Sat Nov 22, '08, 5:27 am

I would take Demi becuase I think her and Wren are good pair together

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 22, '08, 6:32 am

I'd take Demi because she's got decent attack and the only mass-revive skill in the game. That's good enough for me and since I'm a bit of a risk taker, mass-revive is nice for me to have.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Sixfortyfive » Sat Nov 22, '08, 7:01 am

I never pick a 5th character for the endgame anymore anyway. It's already easy enough.

When I do feel like going with a full party, it's always with Hahn. He learns more techs than anyone else and offers the most combo potential.
Sixfortyfive
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Heikabuchi » Mon Nov 24, '08, 6:43 pm

Hmmm... I'm defiantly going to have to go with the last choice: Alys.

What? She's not listed? well that's just a load of sandworm bile!

Well, I'd settle for Raja. If you pair him up with Rune, you're pretty much set for anything that could ever get thrown your way. Honestly, even Le Roof would have to submit to the awesome duo. I've never met a monster that I couldn't handle with Rune and Raja. I mean by himself Rune is already a powerhouse, but if you pair him up with Raja and drop them both with Psy-Shields, they're completely unstoppable.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Celeith » Mon Nov 24, '08, 6:50 pm

Heikabuchi wrote:Hmmm... I'm defiantly going to have to go with the last choice: Alys.

What? She's not listed? well that's just a load of sandworm bile!

Have you not once read my Alys Faq my friend ^_^. Anyways Alys is awsome when you take her to Rykros. Sure she's a bit on the low side unless you give her Kyra's slashers and stuff but as a tech user she does really good damage.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 24, '08, 7:19 pm

I would probably go with Raja or Demi. An extra healer would be great to free up others to attack. I'm not sure how affective Raja's attack skills would be on Rykros, though. Demi might work better as a combo healer/attacker there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Who should tag along to Rykros?

Postby FreshFeeling » Wed Dec 3, '08, 3:48 am

For some reason Raja seems like the most natural pick to me. I can understand the motivations for Hahn, Gryz and Demi to help out at the end of the game, but I don't know why they would want to go to Rykros unless they just had nothing better to do. And Kyra had just left (no other reason, really... I don't really like Kyra, plot-wise).

Big tangent:
Thoul wrote:Or maybe even Seth, if he hadn't turned?

I don't know if there's a better topic for it, but I've always wonder if Seth actually "turned" at all. I've debated this one before on GameFAQs, and enjoyed the discussion. But there are sort of three possibilities with Seth.

1) He was Dark Force all along, and was consciously deceiving you.
2) He was a normal person who turned evil, and was consciously deceiving you.
3) He was a normal person sort of "possessed" by Dark Force, and was unconsciously deceiving you.

I always naturally thought of the third option because he never seemed outwardly evil, just with unusual strength and powers. And the way he seemed anguished when he transformed makes me think it was painful and he didn't, y'know, enjoy it.
FreshFeeling
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 23

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV