Why were Bio-Monsters made?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Why were Bio-Monsters made?

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 2:10 am

We've seen them in evergy game to date. Monster after monster and robot after robot. But why are they here? We know they they are produced. And that the artificial control centers around algo are the ones creating them. Monster breeding facilities have been refered to on more than one occasion. So.. why are they here? Are they here to remind us that life isn't free?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 3:35 am

Thats very odd, maybe there's something to do with money. Like somehow monsters are the only ones capable of producing meseta, and so they need them in order to have money. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 3:39 am

I think the bio-monsters started as an experiment to create animals that could survive on desert Motavia, but the process got corrupted and made the creatures we see in the games. I don't include robots or PSI monsters in the bio-monsters category, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:45 am

Funny, I thought that in PSII and PSIV, the bio-monsters were created from accidents and mutations, or when the bio-plants were malfunctioning. In PSII, the robots were like the police in a sense, since they were sent after Rolf and the gang since they were convicted criminals (and they did get caught in the long run). In PSIV, the machines were found in various places where machines were present, and they probably could've been produced as a measure of security and such.

As for PSI... I don't know much about the origins of anything in there.

Now, in PSIII robots and monsters alike were tools of war, used to fight the enemy. Not much more to it than that, though.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 8:38 am

In PSI, almost all of the robots are police as well. Of course, the only active robots are the Robotcops, aside from Hapsby.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 5:18 pm

My answer is simpler than that: the bad guys are trying to kill everybody so they set loose monsters to terrorize the populace. It doesn't matter if they are animals or robots, they all get created and set loose by the bad guys. Well, except maybe in PS3 where the lines between bad guys and good guys are more blurred.

So.. why are they here? Are they here to remind us that life isn't free?

I see them as a reminder that the villains are the anti-thesis of life. They create monsters to serve their ends, but those monsters are all artificial. Their goals are to take the life of everything living in Algo, even the life of each planet as a whole (see Palma).
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 7:05 pm

Well actually, Dark force turned the two Layans and Orakians on each other, trying to make them anihalate each other, so he is the bad guys and any one who follows him.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:21 pm

Lets say for a moment that Neithird is right. Some higher evil power is producing the bio-monsters.
Let's also assume for a momment that robots were created as a defense against the bio-monsters.
We know that Seed manufactured bio-monsters to protect himself. We also know that Robots defend the various electronic facilities in Algo.
Why wouldn't the robots be sent out to destroy the bio-monsters?
Another thing to consider is the Musk cats. What role do they play in all of this?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:44 pm

XD The musk cats.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:49 pm

PSIII's robots do get sent out to fight monsters. For other games, the robots would only be a viable defense in PSIV. In PSI and PSII, they're controlled by the same evil forces that unleashed the monsters. They're on the same side as the monsters, so there's no reason for them to exterminate the monsters. In PSIV, most of the robot production facilities are out of control or under the influence of the evil forces. By the time they're back under control, it's time for the final battle.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Next

Return to Classic Series