Who is the Best Knife User in the Classic PS Series?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Who is the Best Knife User in Classic PS?

Shir
31%
Lena
6%
Sari
63%

Total votes : 16

Postby Shinuzzo » Tue Sep 11, '07, 6:19 pm

Thoul wrote:If there's one area Shir excels in, it's definitely bravery. :yes: If there's any character in the whole series that could pull off a deep, fun solo game, Shir is the one.

Yeah, Shir's Adventure could be great if expanded into a Metal Gear style game with a bit more interaction. It has hang-gliding, bunny-girl outfits, shooting robots with lasers (which makes me wonder why she can only equip knives in Phantasy Star 2, maybe she doesn't feel comfortable with guns), and deception.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 12, '07, 1:36 am

Shinuzzo wrote:
Thoul wrote:If there's one area Shir excels in, it's definitely bravery. :yes: If there's any character in the whole series that could pull off a deep, fun solo game, Shir is the one.

Yeah, Shir's Adventure could be great if expanded into a Metal Gear style game with a bit more interaction. It has hang-gliding, bunny-girl outfits, shooting robots with lasers (which makes me wonder why she can only equip knives in Phantasy Star 2, maybe she doesn't feel comfortable with guns), and deception.
:lol: That DOES sound like a Metal Gear game! All it's lacking is a cardboard box!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 3, '07, 6:32 am

I without hesitation vote for Sari, seriously, I hear, "Whose the best with knives and I immediately look for her. I have to say, she is unstoppable. If she didn't have to go about being queen of two countries? I guess you'd say, she'd go anihalate dark force no problem.

Also, her son is no bad character, hes just as he should be, combining two characters of their strengths, should average out to be a good character like Crys. Plus, leveling him up is a snap if you "take care of" his teamates, he gets all the experience that way, and becomes just like Mommy! Anyway, best fighter, out of PSII-IV(since I never have played the first) almost no dispute for me.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 6:57 am

Shir strikes me as a decent knife weilder, but I seriously have to say that Lena trumps them all. Not only is she strong, but she has some nice techs to back up her strength. Adding on to this is the fact that she gives birth to a powerhouse, proving that she has a strong bloodline. =]
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 3, '07, 8:39 am

Heikabuchi wrote:Shir strikes me as a decent knife weilder, but I seriously have to say that Lena trumps them all. Not only is she strong, but she has some nice techs to back up her strength. Adding on to this is the fact that she gives birth to a powerhouse, proving that she has a strong bloodline. =]
But...Lena doesn't have techs. :o
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 9:00 am

Oh yeah.... Wrong generation... >_>;;
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 3, '07, 6:08 pm

SparkyIII wrote:I without hesitation vote for Sari, seriously, I hear, "Whose the best with knives and I immediately look for her. I have to say, she is unstoppable. If she didn't have to go about being queen of two countries? I guess you'd say, she'd go anihalate dark force no problem.

I always wanted to try taking on DF with Sari along. She would have dramatically changed the balance of that fight. It would have been great if PSIII would let you take on DF at any time, like Lavos in Chrono Trigger.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Sun Nov 4, '07, 12:29 am

I voted for Shir. I just wish they had played up the theif angle by allowing her to steal items from enemies. It wouldn't be too original today, but back then not many games had something like that.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 4, '07, 3:22 am

This is a little irrelavant but, I found something about nei, and she was found in chrono trigger, which made me laugh, and Thoul just reminded me.

http://www.fantasyanime.com/phantasystar/ps2nei.htm
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 5, '07, 2:04 pm

Oh, that rascally Nei! Who knows where she will show up next?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series