Who do you use in PSII?

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Re: Who do you use in PSII?

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Tue Mar 13, '12, 10:17 pm

Tanith wrote:If we're talking about the end of the game, i.e. Dezo, the laser shot isn't any better than storm gear, thus negating its usefulness. I've never equipped Kain with a laser shot beyond the dams.

Rudo = meat shield. I lurfs him. <3

Oh! I almost forgot! Another thing about Hugh (and Amy) is that he can equip acid shots, which are not to be sneezed at. They offer no real defense boost, so that's an added risk, but two acid shots work great against armored/flying enemies. Actually, I think they might deal more damage (when two are equipped) than a laser shot. I think I'm remembering that right. Actually, I haven't played the game in a few months, so I shall test it now!

I tested it out for you, and you are right. The Laser Shot does about 35 damage, while the Acid Shots do about 18-20 damage each, so Hugh is the better shot user. Kain actually doesn't have a reason to use it at all, since they are most effective against machines, where he is better off using his techs. So Kain should be using 2 Laconian Maces at the end of the game.

You'll have to excuse me, I more recently played Generation 2, which was rebalanced, because I was using the Laser Shot end game.

Here is the problem with though You can either use 2 Acid Shots, Which will give you good decent damage against machines, and bio monsters, or just use your techs against Biomonsters. But with this play style Amy can do the same damage, and her healing techs are more useful than Hughs techs.

You can also equip him with 2 Laconia Maces, which will do pretty good damage against biomonsters, and do comparable damage to Kain, except his attacks will be useless against Machines, so he will still need the Storm gear to attack against them. Again with this play style, he may do similar Physical damage to Kain, but Kain is superior with Techs against machines, and bosses late game. In Noah his techs are just better period.

I still think the best way to play him is with 2 shields and the Storm Gear gear. Because you are only sacrificing a few points of damage for a huge defensive boost, but again, Shir is just better in this role because of her speed.

Hugh just isn't the best at anything.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Postby Tanith » Thu Mar 15, '12, 8:11 am

Yes, I agree that the best thing to do with Hugh at the end of the game is put him under shields and give him the storm gear. But then, this is true of Shir as well (especially Shir).

I decided to experiment with Hugh recently and have discovered he's way more useful in pre-dam Mota exploration than I thought he was. As it turns out, Sagen is a bargain of a technique! It only costs 3 (I think) TP, and it inflicts damage on every enemy on the screen. Sometimes he misses, but no more frequently than anyone else (and as much as I love Rudo, I'll admit that for whatever reason, he tends to miss a lot, poor guy). I can't remember offhand what the damage is per creature when using Sagen, but don't hesitate to put Hugh in your party as you explore Roron and the surrounding area. Those battles against the slugmesses are easy-peasy when you use Hugh's Sagen and Amy's Deban. (Also, Hugh gains this technique quickly. Before level 10, I think.)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 15, '12, 6:35 pm

TANITH : I'll keep that in mind when I'll arrive in Roron Dump.
I checked about SAGEN and it's well only 3 MP for the cost ! SO it's indeed very valuable :)
ARGH !! The miss !! An horror in this game !!! And Rudo is "at the top" for this, unfortunately...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Zio_Falz » Mon Nov 17, '14, 2:14 pm

Rolf solo once he is un-godly strong. Kain for moral support, sometimes, too.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star II