Who do you think is the strongest 3rd Generation Hero?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Who's the strongest 3rd Generation Hero?

Sean
29%
Crys
43%
Aron
14%
Adan
14%

Total votes : 7

Postby Tsunami » Wed Aug 15, '07, 1:58 am

al wrote:I certainly agree that Heal techs are better, but out of the other 3 remaining Order is most useful for Dark Force.

Oh, I definitely agree there. :) I usually have Mieu (or princess Kara if she's in the group) or Laya with a maxed out Fanbi use it on both Mieu and whoever the main character happens to be at the time.

Intelligence is simple 75% of max TP. Damge done is based on the tech's level (11, 11, 11, 11 or 11, 21, 1, 11). This is based on the tech level template The Komrade found and goes up a fixed amount (ie; at level 85 Laya will always have her tech power at 22,21,22,21).

Yes, but I doubt that it's based off tech level alone. There has to be another factor...unless when techs are used, they're at fixed numbers? I always thought that was random.

Thoul wrote:My understanding (and this is from the game manual, so I have no idea how accurate it really is) is that the Luck stat determines how much Intelligence and Stamina will rise on level up, and that those in turn determine the increase in TP and HP.

That seems accurate from what I've noticed when I edited the max XP of characters to get averages on stats. Luck appeared to play a very important role when stats increased.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby al » Wed Aug 15, '07, 3:08 am

A level 10 res always give 5HP, the same works for Fanbi (not sure what percent boost, though). Melee techs work the same, except some enemies are resistant to certain techs.
Ragn_Charran from GamFAQs wrote; "The best example I can think of is Glops, who are very Zan resistant - I'm talking surviving a Zan from Sean in 3rd gen. I know it is just Zan because Gra and Foi work normally."

the characters have no such strengths and take about 2 damage per level Gra, 6-7 for Foi, 5-6 for Tsu (3 for Zan?). these aren't totally fixed; they are like Wren's shots were it's the attack power of the weapon + an additional 0-10% (or thereabouts)

As for leveling up, Wren/Rhys can gain 4HP in the first level up and only 2 much later when their Luck/skill are much higher.
Best way to test it to save state right before you finish off the final monster in a battle where you're going to gain a level. you can reload and see TP will go up 1 and then up 3. You can gain a level where ho will be +2, tp +1, spd +1, or you can reload and have all of them go up by 3. (you could probably have Wren be at 300HP by level 61 if you abuse the save state).
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Aug 15, '07, 4:25 am

Those are some interesting stats. I haven't played this title much as an adult, so I didn't have that good of a grasp of the numbers. This will be interesting to take into account next time through! :up:

al, I haven't seen a stat increase of five or more. In fact, I hadn't watched levels that closely at all. Last time I played I was doing a Rhys-solo and it didn't seem like any of his stats ever rose above 2, save HP which got an occasional 3 on HP.

It would be nice to know for sure what every stat does. Seeing that there isn't even a byte in the rom for Intelligence and Stamina, I'm beginning to wonder if those two stats do anything at all.

Come to think of it, Luck is in PSII also, and I never could determine exactly what it changed. I'd guess it affects all the stats, marginally. That would make it most difficult to figure out without seeing the functions in a disassembly. :fiery:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby al » Wed Aug 15, '07, 4:34 am

i'm guessing Intelligence and Stamina are there just to fill the screen. I think PSIV had some similar stats, no?

i did test out setting luck to 255 and zero (same for skill)
i came out with nothing;
level 30 gra does 60-89 damage at any setting
the ceramic shot does 58-64 damage at any setting
gained 37 levels (10x for each luck and skill) and the averages were equal for HP (+112), speed(+75) and attack(+93). TP was +74 vs 73 and speed 95 vs 93 for luck at 255, vs skill at 255.

i'm guessing these are just useless stats (maybe they did affect something but the game was so rushed they their purpose out)
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 16, '07, 1:59 am

al wrote:i'm guessing Intelligence and Stamina are there just to fill the screen. I think PSIV had some similar stats, no?

i did test out setting luck to 255 and zero (same for skill)
i came out with nothing;
level 30 gra does 60-89 damage at any setting
the ceramic shot does 58-64 damage at any setting
gained 37 levels (10x for each luck and skill) and the averages were equal for HP (+112), speed(+75) and attack(+93). TP was +74 vs 73 and speed 95 vs 93 for luck at 255, vs skill at 255.

i'm guessing these are just useless stats (maybe they did affect something but the game was so rushed they their purpose out)
:? Yeah, that's some strong evidence for those stats being worthless!

I believe all of PSIV's stats did have some effect.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star III