Who do you think is the strongest 3rd Generation Hero?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Who's the strongest 3rd Generation Hero?

Sean
29%
Crys
43%
Aron
14%
Adan
14%

Total votes : 7

Who do you think is the strongest 3rd Generation Hero?

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 10, '07, 11:49 pm

In your opinion who do you think is the strongest 3rd generation hero? I like Adan myself, not only cause he's a powerhouse in the game, but he seems to have that strong sence of justice his father Nial and grandfather Rhys had.. Plus i like the setting that he's the only one that seems to stay in Landen instead of being born on a satellite or somewhere else.
Last edited by Celeith on Sat Aug 11, '07, 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Sat Aug 11, '07, 12:01 am

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Crys is the strongest for strength, Adan seems to have better stats than Aron all around, (I assume this is to make up for Gwyn having terrible tech levels) while Sean's undoubtedly the strongest tech user and has the most techniques in the game.

My vote is for Crys, since I presume you meant strength-wise. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 12, '07, 12:46 am

I'm going with Sean, based on the tech power. His physical strength may not be the highest, but the versatility of his tech power makes up for it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 13, '07, 11:34 pm

Here's The Komrade's token post of the day :wink: :

I don't think casting a vote based off of Aron's awesome sprites will fly, so I'll go with Crys. Like Thoul, I do think Sean's Techs give him some amazing versatility, but Crys can crush monsters with his strength.... his mom is Sari, after all! :mrgreen:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 13, '07, 11:41 pm

heh how much damage does Crys start with anyways? cause my Adan started off with a crazy number of 255, considering Nial was nowhere near that damage when i finished his...
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 14, '07, 12:30 am

Kaloes wrote:heh how much damage does Crys start with anyways? cause my Adan started off with a crazy number of 255, considering Nial was nowhere near that damage when i finished his...

Every character's stats are already preset and are not based off their parent's or any other factor, other than the equipment they're wearing. However, since the stats are random, in some games a character may be stronger and weaker in others. (a good example of this is Mieu, very random in the end for me) Only the technique levels and experience required are always consistant.

Here's the base character stats. (all equipment removed)

-Sean-
Level 1
XP - 0
Reqd XP - 12883
Speed - 90
Damage - 100
Defense - 100
Intel - 67
Stamina - 65
Luck - 138
Skill - 103
HP - 130
TP - 90
Melee Tech - 11,11,11,11
Time Tech - 11,11,11,11
Heal Tech - 11,11,11,11
Order Tech - N/A

-Crys-
Level 1
XP - 0
Reqd XP - 12883
Speed - 90
Damage - 116
Defense - 117
Intel - 54
Stamina - 72
Luck - 139
Skill - 69
HP - 145
TP - 72
Melee Tech - N/A
Time Tech - 5,5,5,5
Heal Tech - N/A
Order Tech - N/A

-Aron-
Level 1
XP - 0
Reqd XP - 12883
Speed - 90
Damage - 108
Defense - 107
Intel - 67
Stamina - 70
Luck - 133
Skill - 87
HP - 140
TP - 90
Melee Tech - N/A
Time Tech - N/A
Heal Tech - 11,11,11,11
Order Tech - N/A

-Adan-
Level 1
XP - 0
Reqd XP - 12883
Speed - 94
Damage - 111
Defense - 112
Intel - 73
Stamina - 69
Luck - 142
Skill - 87
HP - 138
TP - 98
Melee Tech - N/A
Time Tech - N/A
Heal Tech - 11,11,11,11
Order Tech - N/A

By the looks of it, Adan has the best overall stats.

To sum it all up:
Fastest: Adan
Strongest: Crys
Smartest: Adan
Highest Stamina: Crys
Highest Luck: Adan
Most Skill: Sean
Highest HP: Crys
Highest TP: Adan
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby al » Tue Aug 14, '07, 3:25 am

I voted off the top of my head and went with Aron, but I should have gone with Adan overall. This is at level 1.

Obviously Crys has the most physical strength, but he's paired up with the non-healing Kara-II, so that leaves just Laya to heal for the most part (Mieu's speed and damage are too good to sacrific for healing).

Listing Intel and Stamina are bit redundant; The Komrade found that they are directly related to TP (75%) and HP (50%)

From the solo quests I've come to the conclusion that HP is the most important stat, followed by Damage and probably speed. Defense isn't as important because a good offense is better, plus it's usually the tech that get you, not the normal attacks. Also order (Fanbi) is more important than Melee and time techs.
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 14, '07, 4:51 am

al wrote:I voted off the top of my head and went with Aron, but I should have gone with Adan overall. This is at level 1.

I'd list what I have for averages on higher levels, but I never finished colletcing this data. I thought that listing what they start out with is better than nothing, so everyone can get a general idea. :)

al wrote:Listing Intel and Stamina are bit redundant; The Komrade found that they are directly related to TP (75%) and HP (50%)

Intelligence is linked with the amount of damage done with techs, so I'd think that it is important. ;)

al wrote:From the solo quests I've come to the conclusion that HP is the most important stat, followed by Damage and probably speed. Defense isn't as important because a good offense is better, plus it's usually the tech that get you, not the normal attacks. Also order (Fanbi) is more important than Melee and time techs.

None of the main characters learn order, so I don't understand the point there. In my opinion, Heal techs were the most useful. But hey, to each their own.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby al » Tue Aug 14, '07, 9:56 pm

I certainly agree that Heal techs are better, but out of the other 3 remaining Order is most useful for Dark Force.

Intelligence is simple 75% of max TP. Damge done is based on the tech's level (11, 11, 11, 11 or 11, 21, 1, 11). This is based on the tech level template The Komrade found and goes up a fixed amount (ie; at level 85 Laya will always have her tech power at 22,21,22,21).

As for the level 1 comment, it was just a comment, the info you posted was very useful (I was about to get the stats of the two characters I didn't have, but you saved me the trouble).

I'm still working on figuring out the main stats level up template, but it looks like it will be impossible. We all know that the stats when leveling don't go up a fixed amount, but the template dictats the range and probablity. (+0HP 0%, +1HP %10 +2HP %60 +3HP 30%, +4HP 0%)
For example Mieu never has her HP go up by 4, but Sari, Kara and Wren's will. One day i'll hack in the Max XP and make an average of the stats at max level. At level 47 Crys will probably have something like 30-40 more HP than Sean, rather than 15 like it is at level 1.

Has anyone seen HP/TP spd/atk/def ever go up +5 in a level? The closest I saw was Mieu get +4 speed once, which is wierd as it's pretty common for it to go up only +1 or +2.
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '07, 12:56 am

My understanding (and this is from the game manual, so I have no idea how accurate it really is) is that the Luck stat determines how much Intelligence and Stamina will rise on level up, and that those in turn determine the increase in TP and HP.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III