Who do you take on your quest?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Who do you take on your quest?

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 19, '08, 6:16 pm

In PSII you get a choice to make your whole party (Unless you do a crazy glitch on the genesis version where you get to keep Nei even after her death but then you're stuck with whoever you had when you went to the climcontrol but thats another story.. And on PSIV you get a choice between five different people to join you as your final party member. In these two games who do you take on your quest. For me its

(PSII)
Eusis
Shir
Anna
Amy
(Yes my first playthrough I'm goin with all girls)

(PSIV)
(If in normal game I take along this group)
Chaz
Rika
Rune
Kyra
Wren

(If in my version of the game I take along this group)
Alys
Rune
Demi
Kyra
Hahn
(Fear not having Chaz/Wren/Rika ^_^ my favorite party in the whole PSIV universe and I have it.(Hex changing Chaz to Alys was involved in the making of this party) (Extensive use of glitches were involved in the making of this party ^_^)

My party in action ^_^
Last edited by Celeith on Mon Jan 21, '08, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 20, '08, 4:49 am

*is totally stumpted on how you managed to obtain 2 Rune's*

So with the normal group I always take Kyra. Unless I want Raja, other than that...well, no one.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jan 20, '08, 5:48 am

Kaloes, I'm curious. How are the macros for PSIV with that hacked party? Any better without Chaz, Wren, and Rika?

PSII: Rolf, Rudo, Anna, and Amy.
I always use the same party.

PSIV: Chaz, Rika, Rune, Wren, and Kyra.
I used to take Raja (still do on occassion), but now I prefer Kyra. I can do without the extra healing, since Kyra helps out in that department and she's great with combo attacks.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 20, '08, 6:47 am

the macro's are alright, they're more magic based than attack based, since the only person Alys can combo with a skill is Rika so basically its just some minor things but the attacks hit multiple enemies so everythings good.. Oh and not hacked.. Glitched.. the party was made by glitches =P
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jan 20, '08, 10:41 pm

My bad. XD But a code is needed to keep Alys, yes?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 20, '08, 11:11 pm

well yes and no you could say.. since there are no character modification codes that i know of, the only way besides following my FAQ on gamefaqs is to use a hex editor and change Chaz's character property to Alys'. I can't remember the exact numbers but all the other characters are kept using a whole lot of glitches throughout the game.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby hugues » Sun Jan 20, '08, 11:24 pm

In Phantasy Star II I always take Rudo, Amy, and Shir. Rudo is an obvious choice given his offense strengths against the final bosses. Shir has to get leveled-up to steal the Visiphone anyway. I guess it might make more sense to take Anna instead of Amy because once you get the "gires items" you don't need Amy around as much.

At the end of PSIV I took Hahn along for old times sake.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 21, '08, 12:23 am

In PSIV, I usually take along Demi. I find that taking her along provides the best balance between fun and challenge against the Profound Darkness. Plus, at that point in the game, she can use all her skills a bunch of times, and Phonon does 200-300 damage a shot (and sometimes more than Wren's Posi-bolt o_O). And Medical Power has saved me a couple of times there too. And being able to put up two barriers immediately is a BIG help, and she's got plenty of hit points.

I also hacked her into my party in the Purgatory mod in place of Raja and then Kyra. :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 21, '08, 6:24 am

*is still totally confused on how Kaloes wound up with 2 Runes*
I suppose that wouldn't be a very big challenge, having like, 5 of one character.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 21, '08, 7:23 am

huh? in my party i only have 1 rune. but someone did send me a thing in my email i wonder if i still have it.. *checks* ok it wasnt in my email so i went back and started doing trial and error to figure it out.. ok first of all it depends on who you want in the party. If you just want the 2 runes just do this. Play using the walk through wall code RFPT-J6YE ok when you do that if you want Hahn or not do whatever. If not then just walk on the wall and bypass him so you can finish the events in piata without him. ok to get the two runes you need 4 party members, when you got those 4 party members go to ladea tower and talk to the other rune, like i just did it he should walk to the back of your group thus joining the party. in some cases the character wont walk to the back of the screen, go to the menu, itll lag for a minute or two, after chose to organize your party and it will fix itself. each rune shares the same hp/tp/skill/xp growth. I think in battle they take seperate damage im not sure. anyways I know it works, heres a SS of what I just did. (Sorry for the crappy lookin SS, its like 1:30 am and im not focusing on making a SS perfect right now >_<)

Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Next

Return to Classic Series