Who do you take on your quest?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Feb 1, '08, 6:44 pm

I always wondered if the stats for the daggers were accidentally swapped. But even if so, the Laser Knife would still offer more attack and defense.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Feb 2, '08, 9:21 pm

In generations II Shir gets a decent weapon but it requires alot of time and patience to make. Lemme look here.

Laconium Dagger: 45Atk 7Def (18400 Meseta)

Wind Dagger: 32Atk 4Def 2Speed 6Luck 4Skill (Production)
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Shinuzzo » Sun Feb 3, '08, 4:37 am

I'm guessing the Laconium Dagger in the original was supposed to have 42 Atk and 2 Def instead of 4 Atk and 22 Def.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Feb 3, '08, 12:10 pm

42/2 would make a lot of more sense than a simple swapping. Probably a typo in the code that was overlooked.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby psivisthebestelysdeon » Mon Feb 18, '08, 6:45 pm

psii anna kain rudo and rolf in psiv rika wren chaz demi and rune :)
psivisthebestelysdeon
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 9

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Feb 19, '08, 11:27 am

Yay, I finished PSIV with a four man party for the first time. The first run against PD was pretty simply actually and I beat it (her/him?) relatively easy, not even expending all my Sol Dews (and I didn't even have many as I decided not to sell the Guard items I didn't use (second Claw, Shield, Rod, also the Pow Shield, a Laco Rod (against Dimension Worms family) and a Thunder Claw). The next three runs were far more difficult as PD used Megid out of proportion and then the lack of a fifth person becomes apparent as Rika can't keep everyone alive by herself, which means Chaz has to help which means you deal less damage etc. Having Kyra, Hahn or Raja would help then. Even Gryz and Demi might help as at least someone will keep attacking. I actually died twice. But it's a nice challenge. I have never finished the game with Hahn, Demi or Gryz in the party yet, so I think that's going to be the next thing I'm gonna try.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Feb 19, '08, 4:18 pm

Fogeltje wrote:I have never finished the game with Hahn, Demi or Gryz in the party yet, so I think that's going to be the next thing I'm gonna try.

One of the great things about taking Demi is that she is the only character who has a mass revive skill (why her instead of Raja, I will never understand). I don't know how many times Medical Power and a following mass heal tech/skill/item has saved my butt against the Profound Darkness and Zio. It comes in handy, just as long as there is at least one other character there to follow it up with some healing somehow. I've even set up macros to ensure Demi uses Medical Power first when the need is there.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Feb 21, '08, 10:25 pm

I had some spare time and finished the game with Hahn, Gryz and Demi. Well actually I used Hahn a couple of days ago. Hahn makes a far better healer then Rika (unless you need the Sar family) since his Res family is stronger. It frees up Rika for Double Slash attacks. Hahn can also attack with Nawat, or if you prefer to conserve his TP, use his dagger to cast Nafoi.

I didn't like Gryz. He has no healing potential, which means Rika goes back to healing. But her Double Slash does more damage than Gryz' attack. Still my run went pretty smooth. Gryz is nice for Warcry but I usually let Chaz use the Power Shield on himself.

Demi was nice indeed, but against PDs final form, it often comes short. It is however good in combination with using the Guard Rod or having Rika Gisar. I didn't think about a macro, simply because I didn't know that Medical Power restored dying characters. In a new run, I'd probably set up a macro with Demi using Medical Power followed by either a Guard Rod use and Rika using Sar or Rika using Gisar. It heals pretty good and conserves some of Rika's TP.

As for giving massive revive to Raja, that would simply overpower him. He already is the only character with the possibility to fully revive a character (Sol Dew), giving him mass revive would simply be too much. In my eyes, Raja is already slightly overpowered on the healing front, considering his massive TPs. Then again, he has no other use since I always give him two shields.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 22, '08, 1:22 am

Fogeltje wrote:I didn't think about a macro, simply because I didn't know that Medical Power restored dying characters.

When I discovered that Medical Power revived downed characters, it was one of those "Whoa, what the-?!" kind of moments. I was in the Ladea Tower fighting the Gy-Laguiah at the top, and after I gave all the commands, it killed Rika. I had set Demi to use Medical Power because everyone was hurting, and since she went after Rika died, she revived Rika. It was awesome, I loved it, and I certainly didn't expect that to happen.

Fogeltje wrote:As for giving massive revive to Raja, that would simply overpower him. He already is the only character with the possibility to fully revive a character (Sol Dew), giving him mass revive would simply be too much. In my eyes, Raja is already slightly overpowered on the healing front, considering his massive TPs. Then again, he has no other use since I always give him two shields.

Guess that's true. And I guess a mass-revive skill that fully healed everyone would be something beyond broken. I agree, his massive number of TPs and awesome healing skills are balanced out by the fact that he doesn't have much attack capacity.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 22, '08, 9:50 pm

Wait, Medical Power revives the dead? Wow, I never knew that. I'll have to try it sometime.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series