Who do you take along in PSIV?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 14, '07, 9:35 pm

Actualy it depends on how strong he is. If you kill a death-bringer and equip Gryz with the Defeat-axe it drops, he hits higher than Chaz. Gryz does make things harder, but that's what makes the fight intresting. =]
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 14, '07, 11:23 pm

I would take.....RIKA!!!! lol I love Rika plus she has good magic and some good enough attack, and she could heal me if I get injured. We would have so much fun. "Oh its a jolly holiday in algo!" XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 15, '07, 9:20 am

Heikabuchi wrote:Actualy it depends on how strong he is. If you kill a death-bringer and equip Gryz with the Defeat-axe it drops, he hits higher than Chaz. Gryz does make things harder, but that's what makes the fight intresting. =]
Y'know, when I was searching for the Defeat Axe (this was my last time playing it, and throughout the entire game I thought it was much easier) I ran into two Prophalluses! :o I never seen one before in the game, so it startled me to have that luck. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:47 pm

I've still never seen one of those things in the game. They must be super rare or something.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 16, '07, 12:08 am

I always found them in a specific area, though I'd probably have to look at a map of the maze just to remember. All I can recall is that it was the left part of a fork some ways before fighting the PD.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 16, '07, 2:49 am

Yeah, they're only in one of the later areas. Most of the other monsters will appear everywhere in the Edge, but these guys only show up in this one little area.

I once had three appear during one fight. Now let me tell you, that was a tough battle!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 16, '07, 10:19 am

Three in one fight!? :o I thought that only one would appear at a time? Kinda makes me wonder what the odds of that happening are.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 16, '07, 10:21 pm

Tsunami wrote:
Heikabuchi wrote:Actualy it depends on how strong he is. If you kill a death-bringer and equip Gryz with the Defeat-axe it drops, he hits higher than Chaz. Gryz does make things harder, but that's what makes the fight intresting. =]
Y'know, when I was searching for the Defeat Axe (this was my last time playing it, and throughout the entire game I thought it was much easier) I ran into two Prophalluses! :o I never seen one before in the game, so it startled me to have that luck. :D
lol. ^_^ Actualy, the deafeat-axe is dropped by death-bearers in The Edge. As with the shadowblade dropped by the Shadow Sabers, the ace retails for 1 mesta (RIPOFF!).
Thoul wrote:Yeah, they're only in one of the later areas. Most of the other monsters will appear everywhere in the Edge, but these guys only show up in this one little area.

I once had three appear during one fight. Now let me tell you, that was a tough battle!
Are you serious!?! I've never seen more than one of them apear in a single fight. o_o I mean, for crying out loud... That's over 3000 HP! O_O That's like fighting Dark Force II all over again! :yikes:
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 17, '07, 3:52 am

Yep, that was a rough battle. Needless to say I knew right away that I couldn't hold anything back if I wanted to win - I let them have everything, just like a real boss battle.

I've seen Prophallus appear by itself and in pairs several times, but that was the only time I had ever run into three at once. As rare as they are, I hope I never run into a trio like that again.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 17, '07, 9:40 am

Heikabuchi wrote:lol. ^_^ Actualy, the deafeat-axe is dropped by death-bearers in The Edge. As with the shadowblade dropped by the Shadow Sabers, the ace retails for 1 mesta (RIPOFF!).
I knew that (but I think you misunderstood my post). :p I was talking about Prophallus showin' up, is all.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV